PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R 04 Air Filter Question

dixonpower
09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
My stock air filter ripped and I'm going riding this weekend, what air filter can I use to replace the stock air filter? The quad is all stock i want a air filter that I don't have to re-jet the carb for one weekend till I get a stock air filter. I can get a uni-filter easy but I think I have to re-jet to use it and how does the uni-filter mount because there is no place for the little L bracket ?

Thanks for your time,
Bob

JHracing4
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
you would be better off just buying a K&N filter and using that instead of a stock one. you dont have to re-jet either. Oh and i think the UNI filters have an adaptor ring not 100% sure tho.

PUREBREED450R
09-30-2008, 12:04 PM
HEY BRO, FIRST OFF, DONT INVEST IN ANOTHER STOKC FILTER. tHE UNI GOES ON WITH NOTH NO L BRACKET DEPENDING ON THE TYPE, SOME FOAM FILTER HAVE A PLACE FOR THE L BRACKET ON OTHER BRAND QUADS SO IF YOURS DOSENT HAVE, DISREGAURD IT. iF YOU PUT ON THE UNI YOU DONT NEED TO RE JET ESPECIALLY FOR ONLY ONE RIDE, RIDE NOT RACE RIGHT??? EVEN IF YOU GET A K&N THE BIKE WILL ADJUST SOME, BUT FOR ONE RIDE YOUR COULD USE IT !