PDA

View Full Version : 400EX complete exhaust system

aust465
09-23-2008, 10:58 AM
I have just started to look at exhaust systems for my 01 400ex and was wondering what would be the best complete system. I was looking at the DMC Alien system but was unsure of the performance gains compared to other complete systems. My ex is mostly stock with a few minor bolt on items but plan in future to go with 440 kit.

bean2080
09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
alot of people on this site either have the HMF or the e-series, some others have different ones but them seem to be the most popular. i think both of them exhausts are good exhausts and i recomend either of them. IMO

powermadd400ex
09-23-2008, 12:07 PM
curtis sparks is definatly the best pipe for the 400ex or any quad at that. but the price tag is about 100 more than an HMF.

09-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by aust465
I have just started to look at exhaust systems for my 01 400ex and was wondering what would be the best complete system. I was looking at the DMC Alien system but was unsure of the performance gains compared to other complete systems. My ex is mostly stock with a few minor bolt on items but plan in future to go with 440 kit.

I have the alien.

Ill pm you what i think of it. Everyone turns into a bunch of drama llamas whenever i mention it.

05beater
09-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I have a Lrd and had it for a year. I love it. My Buddy had the eseries and it was great. But that was the old eseries. The new ones I was not impressed with at all.

aust465
09-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the responses and I will be looking at all that have been suggested and also check my pm's thanks.

powermadd400ex
09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the responses and I will be looking at all that have been suggested and also check my pm's thanks.

where abouts in georgia do you live?

aust465
09-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I live and work in Alpharetta but the ex is in Warrenton its close to Augusta. I have nowhere to store or ride it in Atlanta right now.

gojk
09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I have had a Yosh slip on, and it was awesome. Now I have the Sparks X-6, and to tell yo the truth, it gave more top end power, but the Yosh gave more power down low. Both have their place, but the Sparks is a lot louder. So if you are needing something not so loud, steer clear of the Sparks. If you don't mind loud, the sparks will get your the most power, mostly on a modified engine.

powermadd400ex
09-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I live and work in Alpharetta but the ex is in Warrenton its close to Augusta. I have nowhere to store or ride it in Atlanta right now.
im up in ringgold and theres a couple decent places to ride around here. have you been to durhamtown? i think its like an hour or so from alpharetta.

drew416ex
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by gojk
I have had a Yosh slip on, and it was awesome. Now I have the Sparks X-6, and to tell yo the truth, it gave more top end power, but the Yosh gave more power down low. Both have their place, but the Sparks is a lot louder. So if you are needing something not so loud, steer clear of the Sparks. If you don't mind loud, the sparks will get your the most power, mostly on a modified engine.

Thats because the x-6 is more of a top end pipe. The x-4 is a low end pipe. Ive had many pipes, and so far the sparks is the best. I had the x-4 on my 416 and the x-6 on my 440. They are both awesome.

aust465
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
im up in ringgold and theres a couple decent places to ride around here. have you been to durhamtown? i think its like an hour or so from alpharetta.
No I have never been to Durhamtown but I heard it was cool. I just got my ex running again this past weekend it had set up for about three years. I had to rebuild the carb thats when I started putting on small upgrades and when I rode it again it was like an addiction all over again lol. I have never really done motorcross just mostly trail riding with friends but it sucks cause most of them don't have sport atv's just 4-wd's.

09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
440 big bore go sparks x6.

IMO best exhaust

1. Curtis Sparks
2. HMF
3. White Brothers