PDA

View Full Version : New to the 450r

riding4fun
09-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Hey, I could use a little advice here. I just sold my KFX 400 and bought a 06 450R. I plan on racing it(over 40 beginner) so nothing extreme. Here is what I'm thinking. I know one thing, I want the quad to sit lower.

I would like +2 a arms with the stock shocks. Don't want to buy new shocks but rather send mine in to have them re-sprung and valved. It already has nerfs. This would be for WORCS racing (can't let the kids have all the fun)

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Darrell

JHracing4
09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Just get some +2 standard travel arms and send the shocks to a builder like GT thunder, derisi, or C&D racing and get them valved and sprung. For the rear buy a GT thunder mx or xc linkage this will lower the rear and give the shock a better angle and ratio and get the rear rebuilt as well. this is a lot cheaper than LT and is still a really good set up. Also you might want to get a pipe, flter and jet kits to open it up a little.

venom450r
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Do the gt thunder fronts & rear, green wire mod, dasa intake & exhaust, hot cams 2 or early hrc cam, higher comp piston. That will really wake the bike up. Then consider head work & bore your carb out to 42 - 42.5mm. That should give you a real runner on a fairly tight budget.
Good luck & welcome to the 450 class!

riding4fun
09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Right now this thing has a twist throttle on it that I need to change back to thumb. I have only messed with small 2 stroke carbs. Is there anything I need to be aware of when changing the cable out. Also I believe I need to clean the carb out because it is sputtering.

The quad already has a full big gun exhaust, jet kit and filter.

Thanks Darrell

09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
ill sell you some ASR +2 standard travel A-arms for cheap.. just got em last christmas everything's tight. came off an 07 450r

riding4fun
10-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by 450r_mayhem
ill sell you some ASR +2 standard travel A-arms for cheap.. just got em last christmas everything's tight. came off an 07 450r

Shoot me a PM on the price.