PDA

View Full Version : feed back?

byrdman37876
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok so they are out now and a lot of u own one.

so the question is how do u rate them on ride and performance?
:)

CHIPPERBATES
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I've owned my XX since May, and i was really impressed with the xx. Right from the start i was impressed with the power and top speed, and torque. The IRS takes some getting used to and at first i didn't like the feel of cornering the xx. I have a CC track behind my house very tight tech. turns and hills and on my modded 07 300ex i could blast thru the turns power/wheelie up the hills, i could not do this in the beginning with the xx it would shoot me into trees and the throttle is so touchy any little bump would make you tap the throttle and cause me to go out of control. This only happened in tight stuff, at the mx track that we go to, this thing was great, in jumps and whoops. I have never ridden a Polaris 525 IRS, but i would like to and i bet it is a blast too. But now after spending alot of time on the XX i can do all the things i could do on my 300 only alot faster. Also the weight issue that has been brought up, does not bother me as a matter of fact i think it helps me the way i ride, over logs and downed trees and such.I am very pleased with it. But i'm also a 43 yr old fat boy and the IRS is very plush and comfy for me.

trailin'me
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
i would have to agree with the previous statement as well ... so well said. get accustomed to the IRS and its all balls after that. get a long-travel front end with some good shocks ..and a steering dampener and you will land like a pro almost each and every time ... land a bit sideways ..not a problem ...

spend your money on handling/suspension first ...it has plenty of power stock ..then do your power mods... once you get used to the IRS .. add more power and it only gets better my friend.

scuzz
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm 6'6 and (now) 260 pounds. This thing fit's me perfect.

Land on a surface that's off-camber and you'll never go back to SRA.

It's got plenty of power too.

blbraptor
09-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I definitely agree. The XX takes some getting used to, then you can ride it like a raped ape!