PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please tell me what paddles these are!

Cool Guy07400EX
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
I really like the fronts! If you could please tell me the front and back though, it would be amazing. :D
My guesses on the front ones are GBC or Kendas. I dont know though. :D

Thanks guys. (:

fandl450r
09-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Look like GBC Sand Sharks in the rear and the fronts are most likely a GBC or Kenda like you said, just a standard ribbed front.

ohsobad_chevy
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
I thought the rears looked like skat trak edges.....:confused:

Cool Guy07400EX
09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I know they're just a standard ribbed front. But, they look like they're extra wide or something? I want alot of float and those definitely look like they have alot.

They do look like the skat-traks edges and the Sand Sharks.
Hmmm.

Pono
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
97% sure the rears are sand skate 2. the front is just like any other single rib front sand tire but are prob 22x8 tire rather than the more common 21x7 size. i know for sure they are not skat traks cuz they dont have that rough look to it and the paddles are actually glued on. sand sharks are pretty much just like the sand skates but cheaper and the scoop is not as tall.

04TRX400EX
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM
The fronts are definitely GBC Dune Trackers and I am 99% sure the rears are GBC Sand Sharks. I used to run the same setup on Douglas wheels. They worked pretty well in all around duning but you need to run very low air pressure (like 3-3.5lbs) cause they are a little heavier than ITP Sand Stars for example so they do not "float" quite as well.

Cool Guy07400EX
09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
The fronts are definitely GBC Dune Trackers and I am 99% sure the rears are GBC Sand Sharks. I used to run the same setup on Douglas wheels. They worked pretty well in all around duning but you need to run very low air pressure (like 3-3.5lbs) cause they are a little heavier than ITP Sand Stars for example so they do not "float" quite as well.

Hahaha, are you kidding me? I was gonna get them over the Sand Stars because, they look like they would float much better! Wow. :D
I looked them up though and they are kind of on the heavy side.

Pono
09-25-2008, 01:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/DDuran/untitled.jpg

actually they are sand skates. cant you see the lil spine looking things sticking off the top of the paddle?!?!?

great tire

04TRX400EX
10-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I retract my previous claim that they are GBC Sand Sharks and would instead agree that they are Sand Skates. The Sand Sharks do not have as wide of a paddle across the tire, have a more "rolled" edge, and less pronounced "V" shape. The tire above appears to be what the Banshee is running.

Also, the little "spine" things are not specific to those tires. Nearly every tire you buy has them new but they easily wear off the first time you ride.