PDA

View Full Version : R questions

smokinwrench
09-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I rode a 85 atc250r for a few years, got a banshee then a 400ex, Predator and now a 525 outlaw. I have not been racing and thinking about getting a trxR.

Are parts getting hard to find?
Can I still order all new parts at dealer?
Are any aftermarket parts being discontinued?

Thanks

Creech52
09-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Parts are harder to find depending on what your looking for.
Alot of the factory parts are discontinued now and most of the ones you find on ebay are getting a premium. Also alot of the aftermarket companies dropped alot of their R lines thanks to the new four pokes. But if your a die hard R fan you can still source parts from various places along with people here on the forums. There are still some companies producing engine parts, a few places still making some chassis parts and theres alot of maintainence items still out there like piston kits, clutch parts, gaskets and bearings.

I say dont let the rareness of parts scare you, if you have to have a legend just roll with the punches and live your dream.

smokinwrench
09-23-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm still on the fence about it. I thought there would be several say go for it nothign better. I sure do like my reverse and e start.

Master LTR450
09-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Guaranteed to be your best move!!! Nothing will ever compare to the legendary 250R!!! just think if it wasnt for the tree huggers the 250r would still be dominating the races!! So just suck it up and go get yourself a R you will not regret it the least bit!! :devil:

Mikeman1
09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
There are still parts around for them.Well worth fixing up-these machines and the 250R Zukes seem to be increasing in value every day.

smokinwrench
09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mikeman1
There are still parts around for them.Well worth fixing up-these machines and the 250R Zukes seem to be increasing in value every day.

The only way I will have a Zuke 250 is buying it cheap and parting it on ebay.