PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place for "ATV STANDS"

08450ER
09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
hey guys, I'm wanting to buy a atv pit stand for my garage/ so that I can get it off the ground and work on it. Where is the best place online that I can buy one and what company makes the best quality one.. Thanks a lot

04TRX400EX
09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
All of the four post stool-type stands you'll find are actually made for bikes so the weight does not support an ATV. The only one I am aware of is made by Moose and can be ordered from any dealer through the Tucker Rocky catalog. I have one and it works great and appears to be made well.

ricksmx865
09-22-2008, 08:48 PM
i use one of those crates from a 5 gallon water jug (you know the one the typical water boy is carryin in the commercials)

anyway, i just grabbed one of the crates from this place i used to work... has worked great for me, but im a broke college kid, haha

patrickj75
09-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Check out www.rathracing.com. They have a nice scissors type stand that works well.

09-23-2008, 08:26 AM
I was going to get one like the rath style, but, with a bike its just lift the back end and swing it, how exactly do you do it with a quad? I think I would rig a bottle jack up in that so it could be slid under and lift it that way. Trying to lift the front end, swing it over and find equilibrium so it balances could be tricky. If you are just worried about flat spotting tires, a couple of jack stands work great.

patrickj75
09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
I put it in gear and stand it on the grab bar and then throw the stand underneath. If i just need to something on the front or back I just use a jack stand.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
We sell the Rath stand. Stands like that are really handy I use them more than our shop lift. :)

duke416ex
09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
The moose stands are sold through parts unlimited, they own Moose.

The Rath stands look good and always heard good stuff about their products.

I like the jacks like Sears and many other places carry. They run sales on them for well under a hundred and you can stil push the atv around from spot to spot on them. I use them a lot.

lilyamaharacer4
09-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a table lift thats from harbor freight that i love to use no matter whether its for my bike or quad.

d3ktrix
09-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Prodigal
I was going to get one like the rath style, but, with a bike its just lift the back end and swing it, how exactly do you do it with a quad? I think I would rig a bottle jack up in that so it could be slid under and lift it that way. Trying to lift the front end, swing it over and find equilibrium so it balances could be tricky. If you are just worried about flat spotting tires, a couple of jack stands work great.

I use a GYTR dirt bike stand for my quad.
Got it at a yard sale for $25.

I just grab the quad by the left nerf bar and hold it up on 2 wheels and slide the stand under.
Easier to tip it side ways then stand it up on the grab bar IMO. Also easier to let it down slowly so you don't smash your stand. lol

04TRX400EX
09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
The moose stands are sold through parts unlimited, they own Moose.

The Rath stands look good and always heard good stuff about their products.

That's what I meant to say about Moose ... they're distributed through Parts Unlimited, not Tucker Rocky.

And I've always heard good things about Rath as well.

bah1491
09-24-2008, 04:43 PM
i built a scissor stand out of 1" steel square tubing.....it sets the bike about 3 feet off of the ground.....you wont catch me paying $150 to buy one...:D