PDA

View Full Version : Question about raptor 660 2001

sykoz
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi guys thats pretty much the first time i post on this forum even if i read it for few weeks now. Well anyway i wanted your opinion about my little problem. 2 months ago i bought a raptor 660 2001 which have cost 3200$( pretty clean , u can see it on the quad of the month section ) so far i didnt had much problem with it only changing the carb joints and doing the normal maintenance. But this weekend my transmission got stuck between 2 gears and i called to the garage to get an estimation about how much it would cost to repair it and they told me its a 5hours job with means 300$ + the parts that they need to change ( 120$ if its only a gear and and to add another 150$ if they have to change the shaft ) so i was wondering if its really worth to put that much money in this quad after i heard from every1 that those raptor (2001-2002) has ****ty transmission and they're always broken. Or i should just keep it like this and try to sell it ( i should be able to get about 2500 for it where i live ) and buy something else ?

Well i'm waiting ur reply coz right now i really can't decide what i should do -.-

Thanks for the help!

k4f5x0r
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
i would say if its not amajor tranni issue then fix it and sell it.

and if its a major tranny issue just cut your losses.

coryatver
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
if you put in the newer updated transmission then you shouldn't have any problems but the tranny wasn't the only issues with those also the carb boots, one way starter, a-arm bushings and so on. There were a lot of petitions and contacts with the cpsc but it didn't ge anywhere Yamaha pretty much screwed anyone who bought the 01 craptor all of them had the same tranny problem. You paid 3,200 man you got taken that sucks. Good luck. There is a web site just for that quad.

www.raptortranny.com

sykoz
09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
yeah well 3200 for this is pretty much the right price where i live ( in canada ) it was even a bit cheaper than the others i saw. I already replaced the carb boots -.- well Thanks for the answer every1