PDA

View Full Version : 04 450 dying out??

sictrxr
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
i wonder what else could go wrong with this thing. i went to take it out today to give it a good run b4 unadilla the gas was off and i forgot when i started it i let it get warm and then went to take it around the yard b4 i loaded it up an boom back fire and then it stalled and would not re-start. tried a roll start nothin so i let it sit for a bit, then tried it again with the choke on it fired up and ran but it looked like gas or oily gas was leaking out of the exhaust flange so then i tried to ride it again and it just stalled. so i took the carb off and found that the top cover seal was blown out, so then pulled the bowl off to clean it everything looked fine down there. so what do ya think did i F my carb up or will replacing that seal fix it tried a little rtv just to see if it helped but no luck it ran at idle but if you hit the gas dead??? valves just adjusted triple checked, new plug. what should i do just give up and get back on my 330r. unadilla's in 5 days i think ill bring both just in case

again thanks for any help