PDA

View Full Version : this sucks

billyboy93
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
my bike was making a clicking noise so i took it 2 honda shop idk how but i broke 2 theeth off 2nd gear and 2 off the gear beside second its been 7 weeks there still wating 4 the gear =[[

powermadd400ex
09-21-2008, 06:29 PM
that sucks. i hope my '07 doesnt end up like that :eek:

gojk
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by billyboy93
my bike was making a clicking noise so i took it 2 honda shop idk how but i broke 2 theeth off 2nd gear and 2 off the gear beside second its been 7 weeks there still wating 4 the gear =[[

7 weeks for a gear?? I would pick it up and take it somewhere else. Servicehonda would have the gears to you in less than 7 days....I ordered gears, and the main shaft and had it all within a week.

leasureryan
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I work at a powersports dealer....and I will tell you this. You are getting jerked around! There is NO REASON that you should have had to wait this long for a gear! You can give me a call at work tomarrow....I will run the part numbers for the gears through Honda Dealer Net in the morning, and prove that there is no reason for this. Hell....you can even give me the number to the stelership you took the quad to....and I will call them and tell them I will ship them the gears if need be.....kinda makes them look like a bunch of dip *****s. And I will tell them that. I can get all parts from Honda in under 3 days.....and gears for a 400ex would never be back ordered for more than a couple of weeks...if EVER!

Shoot me a PM if you want my number at work

drew416ex
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
This is why I have never brought anything to the dealer unless it was under warranty.

09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
how did you break teeth off the gears? shifting without the clutch at all?

klutch
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
how did you break teeth off the gears? shifting without the clutch at all?

Alot of people don't use the clutch... so i dont think thats the problem... klutchbuster400 from atvflorida snapped his 3rd gear on his Z and he ALWAYS uses the clutch.

X400EX
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
It happened twice on 2nd gear on my 2006 EX and 1 time on the third.

Every time, I was landing from a jump with like half throttle... Now, I'm always landing with WOT and dropped 1 tooth (Now : 13) on front sprocket.

Still running up to now.

09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
so it did it from landings? If a jump doesnt push me forward and keeps me going on the landing i pull in the clutch or rev it out. otherwise I just dont even hit the gas in the air and wait till i land to start going if i'm not racing someone.

leasureryan
09-22-2008, 08:28 AM
i JUST CHECKED ALL pn#'S ....NONE OF THEM ON BACK ORDER

scuzz
09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
His dealer is prolly ordering from China...or another planet.

Ruby Soho
09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
maybe hes riding in the wrong gear.. a really heavy load on them?

billyboy93
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
well its there because of the warrenty but i always use the clucth and alot of maintacne they said it looked like new wen they took it a part.

leasureryan
09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
dude,,,,to do a honda waranty...it takes like 15 min to run it through the computer.....there is NO REASON that quad should still be sitting there. As a customer.....I would be INFURIATED!!!

I see angry customers all the time in the shop, and they always get thier way! A little complaining goes a long way. I mean...sometimes we get the run around from Honda on waranties....but NEVER for 7 weeks....lol. Sounds to me like you found a HORRIBLE dealership to have service your equipment. If they are like that with thier customers, you can almost bet your *** it will be that way with thier work as well

for instance....guy buys new Kawasaki Mule 3010 5 days ago. Service man preps it for sale after customer purchase. Guy takes it home, checks the oil only ONE (1) time....and didn't put the cap back on correctly, or tight enough, whatever. Long story short, guy tries to blame it on us, service offers to replace the bad peices and parts after it siezed due to oil everywhere but the motor. Guy says no way I want a rebuilt motor on my Mule that has 9 hrs on it...He wants a new motor. So what does he get.... a new motor....compliments of our dealership NOT warranty. If someone tries to place blame....we just eat the cost!

billyboy93
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks 4 the info guys.. i called up there a lil while ago and ill have it ready wedsday