PDA

View Full Version : brand new apex pro mxr problems

snowfighter
09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
got a brand new apex 90 lt and it has a bent axle and the chain tensioner sticks down has anyone else had these problems? we have only had this bike for 48 hours now. we got the first chance to ride it today picked the back up to clean it out before my daughter goes out on the mini track and the right tire wobbled to beat heck. i hope this is not a sign of what to expect from an apex !!!! if anyone else had a bent axle with a new apex quad please let me know if apex replaced it for you thanks

marsrace2
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
I would call wherever you bought it from and tell them whats going on. alao You might want to check the nut on the wheel hub and make sure it is tight, you might just have a loose wheel hub. I do have to say I have had no problems with either of my Apex's and the help I have gotten from the people at Apex and West Coast quads has been fabulous.

jetmedic
09-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Dont bother calling anyone. You are on your own trust me. I put a brand new apex lt on the podium at the nats and still get no support from apex. YOU WIIL NOT GET ANY HELP FROM APEX.

yfz450ba
09-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by snowfighter
got a brand new apex 90 lt and it has a bent axle and the chain tensioner sticks down has anyone else had these problems? we have only had this bike for 48 hours now. we got the first chance to ride it today picked the back up to clean it out before my daughter goes out on the mini track and the right tire wobbled to beat heck. i hope this is not a sign of what to expect from an apex !!!! if anyone else had a bent axle with a new apex quad please let me know if apex replaced it for you thanks

I have an 08 lt, and had an 07. They are great, you probably had some shipping problem, talk to who ever you bought it from. If not talk to Greg at Apex, 480-507-5050. He is the owner. They have great support, he has always helped us.

snowfighter
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
tensioner fixed
before i go on saying the axle is tweeked, i am gona check to see if it is not the tires/wheels way out of balance i rode it tonight and feel just a little bit of wheel hop but not erratic. this could in fact be a bad tire or wheel. i may just be an over excited dad...ill report back
thanks for the thoughts

gorpracing
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I have the 08 lt and the axle had a small tweak to it. nothing we couldnt handle. I have found the hub is know loose. The chain came off twice at the track yesterday. The tensioner was stuck down. Will fix in the am.