PDA

View Full Version : Its that time again-2009 Rider Support

QuadJunkies
09-21-2008, 12:33 PM
There is a few of them that are accepting resumes right now and some companies have smaller budgets this year so dont waste any time getting those portfolios and resumes out there ! :)
Im working on ours as we speak!

Good luck everyone for 2009!

XCRacer236
09-21-2008, 05:25 PM
ive never done this before!! and i want to.
can you PM me with some tips and like recommendations on the best way to do this??

09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
I reapplied with ASV inventions and they just extended my contract 2 months lol it expires 11/1/08. I tried sending an email no response so i'm going to have to call on that.

QuadJunkies
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
The best way I can think of how to say it is think of it as though your were applying for a job.. Set up your Resumes just as professional as you would for that potential job that means alot to you .
Make sure and set yourself up a BIO on yourself,your racing experience,any media attn. you may have recieved or any achievements ect. in your racing history.
Also, to make it even better, I think its always good to make a DVD or CD of any of your racing ,as well as a portfolio with HIGH QUALITY photos you may have ,make sure you include at least 1-8x10 and one photo of yourself (personal shot,maybe in your gear even) I always put mine in a clear cover .
And one of the biggest things is remember... you are applying for you to promote there products. You are trying to cinvience them why you feel you will be a value to them and there company,not what they can do for YOU.Givng your sponsors updates regularly is one thing you will want to if you do get any rider support so that they can see how you are doing..
Winnings always a bonus, but race comapnies want people who are going to go the extra mile to promote there products.

Theres alot of Amatuer racing sponsorship out there now days,if you take your time and do it professionally, you may just land some great opportunities ;)

One more thing.... make sure your potential sponsor doesnt require you to go through sponsorhouse.com.
Some companies do only use there site for sponsorship.

09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
lol my season isn't even over yet.

QuadJunkies
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
lol my season isn't even over yet.
Same here :p

09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Same here :p

I wanna send my reusme out, but the points are to close to call. I'm only 4 points away from being first in my one class.

....well, more than four points after today. stupid chains:(

QuadJunkies
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Alot are just now starting to accept resumes, I know of some that will end on Oct. 1st too. Alot will offer them until Dec.
It all depends...
We just put where the points standings are currently and that the series is still in progress.
Trust me, I feel your pain. My kids took a few diggers and smoked a few clutches. :o :p :ermm: