View Full Version : Intake

718 kaw
09-21-2008, 08:10 AM
I would like to know if a suzuki Ltr450 intake tube would fit the kfx 450 airbox. I have a velocity air filter adapter. I would move the airbox around by making new brackets and cutting the plastic behind the box. What kind of adapter would you use on the front of the suzuki tube that connects to the kawasaki tube. Car turbo hose connectors????

450raider
09-21-2008, 08:56 AM
i know its doable, it might help you some to check out kfx450central.com, i was gonna do a custom zuke tube intake but decided to just save the money and get all the good stuff...... which could take forever

DirtyDawg
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 718 kaw
I would like to know if a suzuki Ltr450 intake tube would fit the kfx 450 airbox. I have a velocity air filter adapter. I would move the airbox around by making new brackets and cutting the plastic behind the box. What kind of adapter would you use on the front of the suzuki tube that connects to the kawasaki tube. Car turbo hose connectors????

here's a link check this out.
http://www.kfx450central.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1852&hl=budget+intake

718 kaw
09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
thanks

national #9
10-02-2008, 06:39 AM
KOQ racing makes an intake that uses the suzuki intake tube,It comes with billet front joiner, the suzuki tube, a 3D c+c bench flowed billet intake, that goes all the way through the air box, (so there are no leaks, like the one on the photo link), airbox relocator brackets, and billet seat brackets. Their intake also has the air sensor in the stock location, so it is in the proper location for tuning. I saw one on one of their national team quads, and it was sweet. You can call their shop, and I am sure they will fix you up. 616-363-1215

10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by national #9
KOQ racing makes an intake that uses the suzuki intake tube,It comes with billet front joiner, the suzuki tube, a 3D c+c bench flowed billet intake, that goes all the way through the air box, (so there are no leaks, like the one on the photo link), airbox relocator brackets, and billet seat brackets. Their intake also has the air sensor in the stock location, so it is in the proper location for tuning. I saw one on one of their national team quads, and it was sweet. You can call their shop, and I am sure they will fix you up. 616-363-1215

yea for 400$ thats one of the biggest ripoffs ive seen in a wile. does not even look impressive

DirtyDawg
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
^
What he said...
For $399 what are you getting? A $45 LTR intake tube, $2 hose clamp, $10 worth of angle brackets, and a aluminium mount for the intake tube? must be awfully expensive to make that aluminium mount...geeeez. Wheres the filter, the pre filter (Outerwears) the hose you need for the crank case breather, the rest of the fittings for the CC breather, and oh yeah...the aluminium powder coated air box like you get from FUELATV (a complete kit by the way) for $340. Or the Completely custom intake tube (also another complete kit) including filter and all necessary mounting hardware from Fuel Customs for $ 235 without the air box. KOQ seems just a little over priced for what you get,(IMO)

BEARAZZ
10-03-2008, 07:58 AM
i agree.. If he is selling them at that price maybe i should start making some like it and selling them for about 1/2 price

10-03-2008, 08:08 AM
i wouldn't dought hes paying 2-5 bucks for the alum mount. I no a guy that pays like 10bucks for a set of alum wheel spacers from jap or some thing over there. It does not even look like and RND went into there intake either.

DirtyDawg
10-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm not baggin on thier product, only baggin on the price they sell it for.The LTR intake tube is a very effective sollution to the Kawi's biggest flaw. The LTR tube, was already R&D'd by Suzuki, so any shade tree mechanic with a little inginuity should be able to adapt it to the Kawi. I have seen a couple really good examples on other forums ( personally i was too lazy to screw with it, and bought the FUEL ATV intake with air box). Seems to me we spend enough hard earned cash on these thing, that we don't need to be blatenly ripped off.