PDA

View Full Version : changing aftermarket slip-on

Rkangel7
09-20-2008, 11:04 PM
I have a WB E-series with 12 discs and I've decided that it may be time to change to a little quieter pipe that will meet noise regulations where I ride. I've tried removing discs, but it is still fairly loud. I was thinking about the Lexx MXe. How much jetting changes do you think I would need to make, if any?

noodles_400ex
09-21-2008, 07:53 PM
i have a 07 4500ex with stage 2 jet kit with the 170 jet and the lexx mxe pipe and with the spark arrester im 1 decibel's over the legal here in wisconsin and with it out, its very loud and raspy

bigredisb
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
As you can see my jetting is below. I run mostly with the quiet core in as well. With my jetting the plug reads light brown. I couldnt run a 42 pilot because is would bog really bad off the bottom end. The lexx is pretty nice. It still is pretty loud even with the quiet core in compared to my 08 with stock exhaust.

Rkangel7
09-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll have to check to see what jets are in the carb. The previous owner had already installed the E-series when I purchased the quad. I know that with flow comes noise, and no aftermarket pipe will be as quiet as stock. I'm not looking to go back to stock. I'd rather mellow out the noise a bit and still have some performance gains.

Most of the dunes I ride have noise limits between 93db and 96db. I'd be lucky I currently could make it under 100db. Not to mention that the constant buffeting and volume get a little taxing on long rides. This is probably more noticeable on a disc system like the E-series because it tends to throw the sound up and out instead of back. I like the performance, though. If I could quiet the E-series down, that may be an option. But it may be tough.

If you have had your Lexx pipes measured for db what were they coming in at?

Thanks!

bigredisb
09-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I havent had mine measured yet but I have ridden past the DNR here in Wisconsin wide open and never had them blink a eye. I was a little shocked at the above statement of +1 hiigher than the legal limit. The WI legal limit is 96dba.

Pipeless416
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
depends on the dnr too though. they're much pickier out in monroe than they are in say... black river falls. but i have also heard that the lexx is about 94 dbs which is what my dads big gun is on his z.. my hmf should be about 97 with the quiet core and its quite a bit louder than my dads.

Honda#4
09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I have six discs with the S/A and I really dont think its loud, even with all the discs and the S/A it should be around 96dbs or 98dbs.

krt400ex
09-22-2008, 07:02 PM
my yosh is supposed to read in a 93 with the Q-core. i never had it tested, but it is much much quieter than without the Q-core. i would be willing to bet it is very close to 93 dec.