PDA

View Full Version : rear carrier / sprocket questions

burnowt
09-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Bearings failed on my 300ex at the track this past weekend... possibly also the carrier.....

im throwing in an aftermarket billet carrier - do i need specific bearings?

also gonna change sprocket -- have 38 tooth rt now what is best for low/mid range torque for the track?? 36/37/38/39???

Honda4life05
09-20-2008, 07:07 PM
It depends on which brand of carrier you have. Some use stock bearings an others use specific bearing. The best way to know which bearings to use is to contact the manufacturer of ur carrier.But as for the sprocket i dont know how much you want to change in top speed an torqe. If you want more speed go down on the rear sprocket an for torque go up in teeth. You usuallys have to go up or down atleast 2 teeth to notice a difference.

burnowt
09-21-2008, 11:09 AM
hmmm... does anyone make a 40 tooth rear??? all i seem to find is 39t and smaller

i contacted Mazurs ATV and the owner had his cell phone on the web he was really knowledgeable so im purchasing their carrier it comes with Everything

Thanks for your help

Honda4life05
09-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Well if you want more torqe go with a 39 in the rear an get a 12 tooth front. Thats about the highest grearing i would go. Make sure if you run an aftermarket skidplate the bigger sprocket will clear it.