PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Plastic looking like new

rcpd_outlaw
09-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I am new to this ATV thing this year and am kinda obsessive complulsive. Just wondering if anyone has any advise on how to keep the plastic on my quad looking like new. I have a 2007 black Outlaw 525. Do I use standard auto wax on the plastic, or is there some kind of miracle formula someone has used to clean things up. Just looking for something to get the swirl marks and minor scratches out.

Thanks!

Strolski
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
A friend told me about using Armor All. I tried it on mine and it did a real good job of hiding the scratches.
Just be extra careful not to get ANY overspray on your seat, even the slightest little bit will make it slicker than snot. If fact you don't want to even touch anything that you don't want to be slick while you're doing it (grips, throttle, gas cap, seat ect.) because it will more than likely be all over your hands even if you don't 'feel' it on you. I got it on my grips while I was doing it and it took a good while to rub off.

desertdweller
09-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by rcpd_outlaw
I am new to this ATV thing this year and am kinda obsessive complulsive. Just wondering if anyone has any advise on how to keep the plastic on my quad looking like new. I have a 2007 black Outlaw 525. Do I use standard auto wax on the plastic, or is there some kind of miracle formula someone has used to clean things up. Just looking for something to get the swirl marks and minor scratches out.

Thanks!

SC-1 Detail Coating Get it at your dealer Best plastic silicon product on the market for atv plastic.

desertdweller
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
SC-1

stuntin andy
09-22-2008, 05:17 AM
armor all........ the interior use one for saes... it stays oily for a little wile (like 1 day) but after that it shines like new +)

Yippie-Ki-Yay
09-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by rcpd_outlaw

Thanks!
Sorry to tell ya, theres really no way to COMPLETELY make all scratches dissapear. If you ride it, it will get scratched. There are scratch removal kits, but there have been a few horror stories about it on this forum.

esr250r86
09-24-2008, 01:51 PM
I use a maxima spray. It works awesome!

rcpd_outlaw
09-25-2008, 07:54 AM
What is maxima spray? Is Maxima the name brand?

KEVIN300A
09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Maguiers tire wet!!!

KDracing
09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
good ole wd 40 will shine it up pretty good, spray on and wipe off!!!

your quad will get scratched unless you never use it, but thats all part of riding it.