PDA

View Full Version : MX riders i need help...

big95xj
09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
I went to the local mx track for the first time tonight. I had a blast but something with my "mechanics" is off. EVERY jump i hit my right rear corner would drop down. Sometimes alot and scare the chit out of me. I had two very close calls. One lets just say thank god for nerf bars and the other one i looked like a bull rider hangin on with one arm. Any suggestions or info would be greatlly appreciated. Oh and im about 260, 6 foot. Not little but i get around....

Thanks Bryant

dirtmerchant42
09-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Did you try hitting the jumps on different sides of the track? Maybe the lip is tossing you funny...
Is your tire pressure relatively the same??

AtvMxRider
09-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Your tire pressure is off.

drew416ex
09-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah check the tire pressure, and make sure the preload on your front shocks is the same on both sides.

justin1022
09-20-2008, 11:12 AM
im pretty sure the track isnt the problem because he would most likely hit it were everyone else does. and he would of mentioned if it happened to them. so check tire pressure i would say.

big95xj
09-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok thanks. What tire pressures do you guys run? I had about 10 in both the rears. Only cuz thats the lowest my guage would go, but i think around 4 or 5 is what it should be? On the other hand tho the guage may not have been accurate at that low of pressure. Also this was the first time i have ever tried my hand at motocross and let me tell ya. I got my arse handed to me. I am so sore today:eek2: I did not expect how tough it would be. I have great respect for all you guys that do it every weekend.

Thanks Bryant.

Oh and i guess ill be getting in shape if i want to keep doing this. Any tips?

big95xj
09-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
im pretty sure the track isnt the problem because he would most likely hit it were everyone else does. and he would of mentioned if it happened to them. so check tire pressure i would say.

I forgot but me and my buddy were the only 2 there on quads and it was at the end of the night. SO the track was pretty rough from the dirtbikes. I couldnt hardly keep any speed in the corners due to there multiple ruts but on the straights where the jumps were it was nice and smooth...

vAnS_77
09-20-2008, 11:19 PM
I put the rec, 8 psi all around. Just look up your company's chart. Usually they will provide one. Any good rider can recover from an off chamber jump :P just pullin ur leg.

justin1022
09-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by vAnS_77
I put the rec, 8 psi all around. Just look up your company's chart. Usually they will provide one. Any good rider can recover from an off chamber jump :P just pullin ur leg.

ya it isnt hard but just gets annoying after a wile. i hate it when it wips out or tils down. i can recover but still hate it.

and you are supost to run 5 psi i am pretty sure.

drew416ex
09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
There is no set tire pressure. Its up to track conditions, and what you like. I run 7-10 in the rear, and 9-10 in the front. If the track is dry and slick, run a little lower pressure for more grip. If its tacky, run a little more pressure. I wouldnt run any lower than 7psi front or rear because I have bent many sets of wheels doing that.