PDA

View Full Version : Outlander Plastic

Lethalhonda2
09-19-2008, 06:21 PM
I was looking at a 09 Outlander 650XT in the new black. I was wondering how well the black holds up or any of the colors for that matter? After owning a 05 Honda 450R I said I would never own a quad with black plastic again, it looked horrible in no time.

tester08
11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
If it was a car or truck, black is usually the color on which the bodywork is more intense because any bump or dent or scratch jumps right at you.

Black is a beautyful color but like any other vehicle , plastic or steel, any small scratches will be amplified. I have a red Outlander and even red tends to show off the scratches in the sun.
The problem with plastic is that it cant be buffed like metal with a compound I think but it sure lightens the weight of the bike.

Regards

91gtig60
02-06-2009, 09:02 PM
so far the black on the ds450's and 90x and rene's have held up good. all the ones ive seen are about a year old and still look good

ATVIowa
02-17-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a 2008 Renegade 800x and the black has shown scratches quite a bit on mine. It isn't terrible, but it isn't like my old green plastic on the Honda. I'd say stick with the yellow or some lighter color as it won't show the scratches as much, but that's just my opinion.

tester08
02-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I must have spent an hour trying to decide if I'd buy the Yellow or the red.
Red has always been my favorite color but now I see the yellows around I bite my lip thinking that maybe I should have bought the Yellow one.

Oh well !! Next time

At least I have an ATV Yesssss!

tomscarpt
08-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I wanted yellow and got a great deal on the color red changed my mine real Quick.All the colors are bad for scratches .