PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issue!!

UtahTroyBoy
09-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey guys. I recently have taken on the great hobby of the 4 wheeler haha. I used to be a Jeep guy and my cousin got me into this in April.

I have a Honda 400ex that I just put a new clutch in and a new clutch cable. I cant seem to get it adjusted right to where the bike doesnt wanna slowly walk forward once I put the bike in first. I also cannot pull it back up into neutral at that time either (which makes sense since it feels like its in 1st and going)

Any ideas? Did I do something wrong with the clutch?

thanks in advance!

HondaRaceReady
09-19-2008, 08:56 PM
You need more free play with the clutch lever and cable. It should pull a few mm's before the clutch even gets disengaged.

flauge
09-19-2008, 10:12 PM
That creeping could be from grooves in the clutch basket. I also had that creep too right after I put my clutch in but it went away after I rode it a few times. Didn't never have the neutral problem tho.:confused:

86 Quad R
09-20-2008, 06:22 AM
a grooved clutch basket is a possible cause. what clutch kit dd you install?

UtahTroyBoy
09-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I installed the EBC clutch kit. A buddy of mine told me to ride it a bit and see if it goes away. Not sure if that will help or not??

86 Quad R
09-22-2008, 08:19 AM
was it by chance the dirt digger style?

UtahTroyBoy
09-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I dont think so? So after it sat installed over night the walking part is "almost" gone, but it shifts very hard and take alot of pressure to shift gears.