PDA

View Full Version : Need An Exhaust...

red_rider_069
09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
i need a place where i can find a good variety of raptor 700 exhaust systems
please give me 1800's or web sites thanks!
dont need advice on what pipe to get just need place where i can find a good variety thanks

Krandall
09-19-2008, 02:56 PM
If you sign up @ www.raptorsource.com you can get an awesome discount from one of the sponsors there KB MotorSports.

If you're looking for used ones, there's a guy on there as well selling a set of LTE Duals for $400. :)

-Randy

Krandall
09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Plus, there's quite a few other sponsors on there that could help you out as well as getting a nice discount vs paying retail. ;) :D

red_rider_069
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
well
umm thanks i'll try it out
i want a new one..
i also need a chip

ccdhowell
09-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Check these guys out, good guys.

Tech Quad Shop (http://www.techquadshop.com/joomla/)

red_rider_069
09-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ccdhowell
Check these guys out, good guys.

Tech Quad Shop (http://www.techquadshop.com/joomla/) that place is kinda expensive

xrdrsux
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
nah.. steve has the best prices from what i have dealt with. I shopped around and i think ppl started using him as a price guide. I guarantee steve is a stand up guy and there is no customer service any better.

yfzrider310
09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Try motoxoutlet.com thats were I got my yoshi from and it was way cheaper than anywere I could ever find it.

red_rider_069
09-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
Try motoxoutlet.com thats were I got my yoshi from and it was way cheaper than anywere I could ever find it. tight
i'll check it out
sounds like a pipe im looking for
either a yoshi. maybe hmf. so yea thanks

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 06:09 PM
what price range you looking at. .No way in Hatees i would pay yoshi price. Id get Ltes, monster, barker duals. 625-660 shipped to the door. This is if you plan on doing any other mods. If not you can still get a better single than yoshi. Hmf is a good starter but i still wouldnt do it.

lilyamaharacer4
09-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Why would you get dauls, daul cans kill power not add it, sure they look cool but thats it. Bends kill power, not to mention also adds weight.

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 06:34 PM
a single pipe cannot handle the output of a higher cam needs. No way no how. The weight isnt gonna be a factor. This has been discussed many many many time on www.raptorforum.com www.moddedraptor.com www.raptorsource.com and others im sure. If he plans on staying stock then a single such as CT or sparks or woods or even a yoshi or something is fine. If he is gonna mod it up he needs duals.

yfzrider310
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
yoshi isnt that expensive:huh Mine was 250 brand new for an rs2 slip on. Which isn't bad and it sounds amazing.

lilyamaharacer4
09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by xrdrsux
a single pipe cannot handle the output of a higher cam needs. No way no how. The weight isnt gonna be a factor. This has been discussed many many many time on www.raptorforum.com www.moddedraptor.com www.raptorsource.com and others im sure. If he plans on staying stock then a single such as CT or sparks or woods or even a yoshi or something is fine. If he is gonna mod it up he needs duals.

Please tell me how this works. I know for a fact on the bikes it works backwards for example its a proven fact that single cans make more horsepower than the dauls even on the crf 250, the only reason why the factory teams had to run dauls was because of their contract, this year they are switching back to single cans. High reving race motors need to breath the best they possibly can so why would they be switching back? Now please to me how the raptors motor would make more horsepower with dauls.

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
yoshi isnt that expensive:huh Mine was 250 brand new for an rs2 slip on. Which isn't bad and it sounds amazing.
yea but you can just pull the spark arrestor/guts out of the stock exhaust and get almost the same gains for $0. What is the full system yoshi rs7 or equivalent going for on the raptor.. 590. 690 ish.

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by lilyamaharacer4
Please tell me how this works. I know for a fact on the bikes it works backwards for example its a proven fact that single cans make more horsepower than the dauls even on the crf 250, the only reason why the factory teams had to run dauls was because of their contract, this year they are switching back to single cans. High reving race motors need to breath the best they possibly can so why would they be switching back? Now please to me how the raptors motor would make more horsepower with dauls.
I dont have the resources or smarts to speak on the dirtbikes. As far as the high revving race motor: the 700 is not a high revving race motor. It has a bigger displacement as you already know. All rules dont apply in this scenario. Ill get you some more specific info from builders here in a few minutes and copy and paste it on here. be right back.

yfzrider310
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by xrdrsux
yea but you can just pull the spark arrestor/guts out of the stock exhaust and get almost the same gains for $0. What is the full system yoshi rs7 or equivalent going for on the raptor.. 590. 690 ish.
449 for the full system

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
heres some on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yoshimura-RS-7-Titanium-Full-Exhaust-Yamaha-Raptor-700_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262 QQcategoryZ43978QQihZ002QQitemZ120034704726QQtcZph oto
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yoshimura-RS-7-Stainless-Full-Exhaust-Yamaha-Raptor-700_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262 QQcategoryZ43978QQihZ002QQitemZ120034704716QQtcZph oto

For this price though i would rather have duals. They make some jam up new single that are just out this year that can hang right there with some duals on a modded raptor but id be scared to guess how much they are.

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.atvrideronline.com/features/100_0603_2006_yamaha_raptor_700r_atv_exhaust_pipes/index.html

xrdrsux
09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
here is the dual exhaust shootout. There are 3 pages so read each one of them.

http://www.bluetraxx.com/misc/raptor700_dualexh_deathmatch.htm

red_rider_069
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
im looking for about 700-800 bucks for fuel mod and full exhaust

xrdrsux
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
dude.. go to an all raptor site like the ones i have stated above and ask of all their opinons. Ive had my raptor since all this stuff has been coming out.
IMO
exhaust:
barkers
LTEs
Monsterquad

Intakes: there are tons now. just ask around

Controller:
PCIII. www.fuelmotousa.com will get you one for about 255 shipped.
I would not fool with a dobeck or trinity junk. Get the PCIII.

I also would stay in contact with steve at tech quad shop. Call him and tell him you are a member on the raptorsite and you want a good combo deal on some duals and a controller.. See how much it is. Then ask about the exhaust individually.
I think he has a stg 1 kit with exhaust, intake and controller.. not sure how much though. Dont waste your money on a single pipe.. I have seen it time and time again where ppl get the shaft on them. You have to sell it for 100-200 cheaper than you paid for it when you see it isnt what you want. Why not just save for the duals.

also check with some different sponsors on the all raptor sites i mentioned. I dont believe they will beat steves prices. Ive been dealing with him for 3 yrs now.
be careful about some ppl working out of thier basement selling stuff. Customer service isnt the best with some of these ppl. TQS actually has a store.

xrdrsux
09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
yea i just looked at the site. call him. dont go by them prices. He will get you hooked up. Or you can check around with some other sponsors like i said.
keep an eye out for used ones too but you arent gonna find them very often

www.moddedraptor.com
www.raptorsource.com
www.raptorforum.com

Krandall
09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
$249 shipped w/ a preloaded map from Jamie @ fuelmoto :)

yfm700lover
09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah dont waste your money on a single. i did and like xrdr said took a big hit to sell because i wanted duals. where u see the big difference in power between a single and dual is in the high rpm range. most singles drop off big time at 6500 rpms. where duals will make power to like 8000rpms when your engine is built.

here is a dyno test with the sparks x6 vs lte's. and the sparks is probaly the most power making single out there.

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1554&page=2

ghouck
01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I've NEVER seen an actual dyno comparison that didn't show more HP being made by duals on a 700 rappy. SOMETIMES, you see a 1 or 2 HP gain in the low RPM range with a single, but it is always followed by a much bigger gain in the upper mid to high RPM, sometimes as much as 8-10 HP.

The reason some bikes do better with single pipes is because of the exhaust scavenging effect a single pipe can give, which just doesn't happen with a single-cylinder engine. Scavenging effect is when the exhaust from one cylinder creates a vacuum when that exhaust valve closes, so the NEXT exhaust valve that opens is exposing the combustion chamber to that vacuum, helping purge the exhaust gasses.

Single v Duals in a single-cylinder engine is MUCH different than Single v Duals on a multi-cylinder engine.

Now please to me how the raptors motor would make more horsepower with dauls.

By allowing greater airflow through the engine, since a single-cylinder engine need not worry about the scavenging effect.

BigAl73
01-26-2009, 07:07 PM
If your looking for a slip on I have a DG that I'll sell to you for $150 plus what it costs to ship. If your interested I'll send you some pictures.
Thanks
Big Al

mike_1985
02-28-2009, 10:21 AM
My good pal just bought twin Monster Pipes exhaust the fuel controler that comes with them , Gytr Air filter and the bike its showing 48bhp on the dyno .

Let me tell you something , all that adds up to nothing , bike has a tiny bit more torque/ speed then when he was runing with the lid and spark arestor out .

So yes spendin £1000 on that was a waste of money , he is not very impressed

This is on a 08 bike with 2000 miles on it , he now tops out at 84 mph instead of 82

ghouck
02-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Then your 'pal' is doing something wrong. I put a set of MDs and a powercommander on mine and it pulls harder in 3rd than a stock rappy does in second, and that is after I went UP a tooth on the front sprocket. That's in a direct side-by-side test. You don't say what fuel controller, there'sa big difference between putting a PC with a known good map and throwing in a cheap tuner with a whole three settings. If you're getting 48 HP, then 2 things are happening, 1) you aren't getting as much of an HP increase as others are, and 2) You're not using that horsepower, because an increase to 48 HP from stock translates to a bunch more than 2 MPH.

And about running with no lid or arrestor: It either didn't happen without a fuel controller, or the engine is damaged, unless you were WAY up in altitude. At 1000 ft, taking the lid off immediately turns the pipes red even with the arrestor in.

mike_1985
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
the bike was stock untill 2 days ago , all im saying is that spending £1000 on an exhaust system and all them goodies just doesnt add up .

He had everything fitted by a yamaha dealer who also has a rolling road , how would 48bhp come up on the dyno sheet if the engine was damaged ?

I completly forgot the name of the controler but it was £145 so not the crap one just not teh pcIII . It was recomended by the dealer

And about the altitude thing we both live in london and its 3 m above sea level and he never had no red exhaust ( ever ) the bike is road legal here and it dont see much mud and we ride along with superbikes !!!

It beats my stock 450 by 1 quad length to 60 then slowly pulls away but not much . Ill try and get some videos tomorow

ghouck
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Lowered compression is one possibility. I've seen WAY too many dynos put a 700 with MDs at 51-53 HP to believe everything is well. A yamaha dealer being willing to tune a quad with parts from their competitors on it, yea, I'm sure they did their best. :rolleyes: I'm sure they're tuning for max HP and wouldn't DREAM of staying on the safe.
No matter how you slice it, you're NOT getting the power others are, and the jump from stock to 48 HP is worth more than 2 little MPH. What ignition does your 'pal' have? How did he get around the speed limiter?

Either way, something isn't right because every 700 I've encountered with duals tramples stock 450s. You're just plainly not getting typical results. My bet is that he's using a cheap fuel controller which are notorious for being so limited that the best that can be gotten out of them is a ballpark tune. There's a reason a Powercommander is available for so many rides.

mike_1985
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Dont know what to say , the whole bike is stock , he want 2t up front and left the rear standard ( sprocket ) .

He hasnt unclipped the speed sensor yet , dealers round here are more then willing to work on any quad due to the recession .

He had the PcIII in stock but said its not needed unless he wants to do the cams .

He is really not happy about the whole situation

ghouck
02-28-2009, 02:38 PM
PcIII in stock but said its not needed unless he wants to do the cams

That's wrong, PC3 is the absolute best controller there is. I guarantee he's not getting the full potential out of the pipes without it. Others just allow you to fatten up the overall fuel map very vaguely, a PC allows you to map at 0, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 percent throttle positions and at 250 RPM intervals from 500 to 9500 RPMs and add or subtract small amounts of fuel at those points on the map. If you look at the numbers for a PC map, you'll see just exactly how impossible it would be to get that close with a cheap 3 dial or 5 dial controller.

As for dealers working on bikes, that's the point I'm making. The dealer SURELY won't make it work BETTER than what they can make their own stuff work. I guarantee that if you took it back and bought a pipe off the dealer, it would magically work better, regardless of the fact pretty much everyone else in the world is proving otherwise. If the dealer said you don't need a PC unless you get cams, then they're either dishonest or don't know what they're talking about, either way, that's the reason for the results. Buy a powercommander, get a map for it that is made for MDs, an intake kit and the lid tossed, and you'll get much better results. Ask around about how to adjust for the altitude also.

No offense, but I'm kinda laughing about the idea you think pipes are going to add speed without circumventing the speed limiter somehow.

Anyways, I sure you're not going to take my word for it, and you've already shown you are convinced that your results are typical. I'm telling you right now, that for WHATEVER reason, pretty much every 700Raptor with Monster Duals and a PC3 are getting MUCH better results than barely beating a stock 450.

mike_1985
02-28-2009, 03:35 PM
No i belive you , the pipe and everything was bought from the dealer . When we asked him if the PcIII would make a big difference he said not really .

Well I hope your right because this has put me off getting the same mods for my bike . Gonna order a PCIII for him tomorow just in case thats the reason its not working properly .

ghouck
02-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Check the compression and the valve clearance while you're at it. This would be the first time I've heard of someone tossing out the lid and SA and running it hard without making some fuel compensation that didn't hurt the engine. Maybe your elevation fattened it up enough to prevent damage, I don't know. I do know both my Raptor and my kid's DVX400 got the pipes REAL hot when starting just for a couple minutes at idle without the lid when stock.

mike_1985
03-01-2009, 04:20 PM
No he never had any of those problems with his . Had a look at the controller that he has and its a Monster Efi

ghouck
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I've never even heard of that controller, Can't seem to be able to find one on google either. I've not seen it listed on any performance site, so I can't believe it's helping any.

Regardless, if it really is making 48 HP, you should have felt quite a bit over stock. Keep in mind that bikes routinely show different numbers on different dynos, so while they may SAY 48, that might be quite a bit off. Comparing dyno numbers from different dynos is probably one of the LEAST dependable ways to gauge performance. Stock, it's around 38, you'd surely feel a 25%+ increase in power. Removing the arrestor and the lid is typically only worth 2-3 hp.