PDA

View Full Version : Please help me , clutch guys

Bill Lemans
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I bought a 90 for my sons eton and not sure what the clutches are and the person I got it from doesn't know either....

It's got a 788 17 30 bando belt that I beleive is too small. I know the stock one is a 780 16.5.

I'm not getting full travel up the front , the wear is 3/8 or so below the outside edge.I am replacing rollers as well, just in case.
I can hold belt firmly and rotate front pully fairly easily . Everything seems to sit fine as far as front on the crank and back is just below flush on the pulley's.

I'm trying to figure out if this the right belt while i'm waiting for rollers to get here.I want to get a malossi kevlar but want to make sure it's the right one.

Anyone have thoughts on what kind of set up this particular belt is for.Or what malossi belt fits ...maybe a website with cross refernce info.

I can do pics and measure anything on the clutches if someone can help that way as well. It looks stock to me but i don't know.

Nichols Atvs
09-19-2008, 09:59 AM
780 belt is shorter than the 788 if its been run i sugjust all new rollers and clutch springs, small ones and the large t -spring they will go bad if a motor has been sitting or just over used . Do a compession test and see if it needs to be rebuilt .

Bill Lemans
09-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Have all new springs waiting on rollers AND in process of rebuilding the top end with a b52.Maybe it will all come together, one of those "a little bit of everything" scenarios:D

I did notice some flat spots on the rollers this afternoon.........would still like to know what kind of clutches they are for my own sanity. Maybe, heh heh heh, it's best to go new and better:devil:

Just found out it's a Hetrick front variator race set up.........disregard this post , i'm replacing back anyway:)