PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship help

ride red 14
09-19-2008, 07:55 AM
well i just started racing last year and im wanting to try and get sponsored. when people say to send a resume what all goes on it? what companies would be most likely to sponsor me?

younggun95
09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
What makes u a good choice.... Accomplishments/race results ( Only go a few years back. They dont want to see your entire life)... Next years plans...what they get out of it
Include a picture, maybe two. Not more than four.
Most of their websites will ask for more things with it like letters of recc. and that kind of stuff.
Check out this link. It out to be helpful in your company search.Company Listing (http://www.pittraffic.com/thepit/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=739)

racerx573
09-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I run the Sponsorhouse side of the shop I work at, and I look closely at the resumes. A serious resume, that looks like the rider took time to give good content and details, shows me that a rider is serious about racing.

I'd rather sponsor a C rider who took the time to make his resume professional, than an A rider who sends me a message that says "sponser me i won A class a few timez"

SPELL CHECK SPELL CHECK SPELL CHECK!!!

I was always able to get sick deals on stuff, because I put together a hell of a resume.

Start out something like....

Dear Prospective Sponsor,
My name is Joe ATVRacer, I am campaigning for sponsorship for the 2009 racing season. I am new to the sport and am looking to offset the cost of my racing budget, so that I can progress faster and compete more often, as well as maintain my equipment. With yoursupport and my dedication to the sport of ATV Racing, I feel we can establish long lasting professional rider-sponsor relationship

Full Name
Address
Phone
Email
Website
Age/DOB
Education/GPA
Employment
Machine
Class:
Rig

Previous Year's Sponsors

10 of your biggest accomplishments in racing (if you've only raced 10 times, then hell roll with it)

Training:(example) In the off season when I am unable to ride, I follow a workout regiment that is gear towards racing, as well as running/cycling. During the racing season, I practice once a week, and follow a similar workout plan as I do in the off months.

Future goals/Plans for the upcoming season.
(example)
For 2009 I plan to contend the PAMX ATV Regional Series, select ATV GNC Races, and select other local ATVA/Outlaw Races. If I am successful in my local endeavors, I plan to step up to the national level and run the entire GNC Series in the future.

Noteable Mentions (stuff you like to do, so the sponsor can get to know you a little better):
(example) I have been a boyscout for 12 years, I play baseball for my high school, I volunteer to help out at the special olympics, and I like to snowboard.

Closing Paragraph.

Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I look forward to hearing from your company, and potentially working with you in the future
Regards, Joe ATVRacer

Something along those lines.
Shoot me an email with all your info, and I'll help build you a resume, and get you list of address to send hardcopies. Also go sign up at Sponsorhouse.com

ride red 14
09-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
I run the Sponsorhouse side of the shop I work at, and I look closely at the resumes. A serious resume, that looks like the rider took time to give good content and details, shows me that a rider is serious about racing.

I'd rather sponsor a C rider who took the time to make his resume professional, than an A rider who sends me a message that says "sponser me i won A class a few timez"

SPELL CHECK SPELL CHECK SPELL CHECK!!!

I was always able to get sick deals on stuff, because I put together a hell of a resume.

Start out something like....

Dear Prospective Sponsor,
My name is Joe ATVRacer, I am campaigning for sponsorship for the 2009 racing season. I am new to the sport and am looking to offset the cost of my racing budget, so that I can progress faster and compete more often, as well as maintain my equipment. With yoursupport and my dedication to the sport of ATV Racing, I feel we can establish long lasting professional rider-sponsor relationship

Full Name
Address
Phone
Email
Website
Age/DOB
Education/GPA
Employment
Machine
Class:
Rig

Previous Year's Sponsors

10 of your biggest accomplishments in racing (if you've only raced 10 times, then hell roll with it)

Training:(example) In the off season when I am unable to ride, I follow a workout regiment that is gear towards racing, as well as running/cycling. During the racing season, I practice once a week, and follow a similar workout plan as I do in the off months.

Future goals/Plans for the upcoming season.
(example)
For 2009 I plan to contend the PAMX ATV Regional Series, select ATV GNC Races, and select other local ATVA/Outlaw Races. If I am successful in my local endeavors, I plan to step up to the national level and run the entire GNC Series in the future.

Noteable Mentions (stuff you like to do, so the sponsor can get to know you a little better):
(example) I have been a boyscout for 12 years, I play baseball for my high school, I volunteer to help out at the special olympics, and I like to snowboard.

Closing Paragraph.

Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. I look forward to hearing from your company, and potentially working with you in the future
Regards, Joe ATVRacer

Something along those lines.
Shoot me an email with all your info, and I'll help build you a resume, and get you list of address to send hardcopies. Also go sign up at Sponsorhouse.com

whats your email? also thanks alot for helping me out i really appreciate it!

racerx573
09-20-2008, 02:15 PM
racerx573@yahoo.com