PDA

View Full Version : ztr chain tensioner

qcitytile
09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I just got a ztr tensioner its a little different than the old roller I got. Im curious how these are mounted or if any one has some pics showing how they are mounted. Thanks Joe

qcitytile
09-19-2008, 11:07 PM
any help? Does one bolt keep it in place

JAG Motosports
09-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes the one bolt keeps it in place. We point the roller to the back.

qcitytile
09-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Jag motorsports I bought a frame saver from you off ebay. Today my son was riding and I noticed the motor jurking a lot. Well I checked and the bolt that goes into the mount snaped in half. Can I get a replacemnet for this. Thanks for the help Joe

ZTR_MAN
09-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Joe,

When you installed the frame saver did you install the lock-nut after to insure the bolt from slipping out?

JAG Motosports
09-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I'll get with Ztr, I am sure getting another bolt isn't a problem. I am just curious to why it would fail. To my knowledge no one has had this problem. Is there any info you can provide to help figure it out. :confused:

wvspeedfreak
09-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Our bolt that holds the frame saver on hasn't broke but is bent.If either of you guys have just the bolt seperately please let me know.Thanks.

qcitytile
09-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I really don't know why it broke. Its worked really well for a few months and the spark plug cap came off goin down a back stretch of the track so I put it back on and when he took off I noticed the engine was kind of jurking back. I started looking at the motor mounts and realized the bolt and roller was gone. As I got further in to the problem I realized the bolt actually broke right at the motor mount. Probably just one of them things if Im the first its happened two, but if its possible to get the bolt and I also need the clamp that holds the roller on. I found the roller but not the rest of the bolt. Lucky me.
Ztr man yes we did have a lock nut on the bolt part of the bolt I still have. This thing is a miracle. Im just wondering if I have to replace the whole thing or not.

ZTR_MAN
09-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Sounds to me like this is one of the first bolts that was built from a softer material than what is being used now. I understand now, this problem has since been fixed. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,

qcitytile
09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
ZTR man will you sell just the bolt and clamp. If so can you get me a price or do I need to get it from jags. My son is trying to wrap up the championship at our local series this Sat. the 27th. Im hoping to get this fixed this week if possible. Thanks a lot Joe

wvspeedfreak
09-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Same here.If I can just purchase a bolt that would be great.Thanks.

qcitytile
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
jag I sent you a pm

JAG Motosports
09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
WVSPEEDFREAK and QCITYTILE pm you both