PDA

View Full Version : to much air

11-11-2001, 03:41 AM
i've got a t4 pipe and and no air box lid need to jet does anyone have any suggestions going to get k@n power kit do you know were to start

11-12-2001, 11:32 PM
instead of spending money on k&n's kit got to the shop and buy jets size 152 -165 main jets and a 42 & 45 pilot jet..some one might be able to give a better idea of exactly what jets to use but if not one of these should be the one

11-13-2001, 01:03 PM
Your bike will perform better with a dynojet/K&N kit than just putting stock jets in. And you don't need a bigger pilot jet with what mods you mentioned,,leave the 38 size in..if it's having a hard time starting,,then move the needle up one slot..

3hondas
11-13-2001, 07:15 PM
dude,
do you have the T4 slip on only? i have the full system and the setup in my signature works REAL well down here in southeast florida.

Actually i have a UNI filter and I stopped using it because even with the dynojet kit running the biggest jet in the kit (170 main/dynojet needle) and my lidless airbox it was a tad lean.
in my opinion the stock filter works great.

if you only have the slip on, want to run lidless, and jet using a dynofet kit per the instructions based on your altitude, i would DEFINATELY not recommend anything but the stock filter.
good luck.

out4sand
11-14-2001, 03:00 PM
I had to purchase some bigger jets from Dyno-jet for out 400ex. I can't recall their number but they were cheep and you can buy them directly from them; much cheaper then stock jets. Our 400 runs lidless w/ K&N filter, Dyne-jet kit, fmf mega max & power bomb header, and WB high rev kit. I think it is running with a 180 main jet right now, anything less then that and it's just to lean. At times when the weather is really hot I have to bump it upto a 185. We ride only in the dunes, mainly in Oregon right at sea level.