PDA

View Full Version : new fuel injected trx450r

Sforza919
09-18-2008, 09:32 AM
does any one know when or if honda is going to come out with a fuel injected 450r, and if they will go after the mx buyers with a wider race ready quad, and if they are thinking about an aluminum frame

RideRaceLive93
09-18-2008, 09:43 AM
the 09 are already out the yfz got a new suspension and efi, the crf450 is a a hole new bike and the 450r got new colors wooh alright

04TRX400EX
09-18-2008, 11:25 AM
The simple answer is NO.

No one knows what Honda is doing, all we can do is hope. There have been rumors of a fuel-injected R since '06 when the LTR was released but nothing has panned out as you can see. Honda is very tight-lipped about their new models and what's in development. The good thing is the CRF450R when to EFI for '09 and the TRX450R is a pretty much a quad version of that bike so we can only hope 2010 is the year for a real makeover, especially now that Yamaha has introduced their EFI "racer."

End of story.

REPOMAN
09-19-2008, 05:16 PM
god i hope they dont go EFI. i know a few ltr owners who converted there bike back to carb.

RideRaceLive93
09-19-2008, 06:44 PM
yeah honda always waits at least a year after they do something on the bike to do it on the quad and honda always waits for yamha to make the first move so they can beat it

lagrassa29
09-19-2008, 08:50 PM
i dont inderstand y everyone is so pro efi. efi means more wires and that means more problems. i hope the new honda wont be efi. also y does everyone want a race ready honda? all that means is you pay more and you still take of all the parts and personalize it to your likings. for the racer point of view i hope hondas stay the same.

HondaRaceReady
09-19-2008, 09:08 PM
i dont inderstand y everyone is so pro efi. efi means more wires and that means more problems. i hope the new honda wont be efi. also y does everyone want a race ready honda? all that means is you pay more and you still take of all the parts and personalize it to your likings. for the racer point of view i hope hondas stay the same.
Exactly what I think.

09-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I like the idea of race ready quads but I much rather customize the quad to the companies and parts i want. Its also cheaper to have a better quad if you dont buy one from the factory race ready. I would like to see some changes in Honda just because everyone is starting to blow them out of the water. Honda will always have the reliablilty but they are slow to update and people lose interest. Updates also cant come too fast otherwise aftermarket companies and such will have to keep making new parts and there will be less parts if they all arent interchangable. Carbs are deffinately cheaper to tune and and upgrade and weigh less. I think a more race ready version should be released. Make a 450r thats wider from the facotry for budget racers that wont change much.

gcart2
09-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by lagrassa29
i dont understand y everyone is so pro efi. efi means more wires and that means more problems. i hope the new honda wont be efi. also y does everyone want a race ready honda? all that means is you pay more and you still take of all the parts and personalize it to your likings. for the racer point of view i hope hondas stay the same.

couldnt have said it better.

mjc597
09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
yeah i also knpw a few efi ltr owners who've switched back to carbs also...

Sforza919
09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
yes i've herd of people putting a 44mm carb on the ltr's and making over 75hp

hsr
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
If Honda doesn't change things up for 2010 they may as well quit making the 450r! :devil:

04TRX400EX
09-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I like the idea of race ready quads but I much rather customize the quad to the companies and parts i want. Its also cheaper to have a better quad if you dont buy one from the factory race ready. I would like to see some changes in Honda just because everyone is starting to blow them out of the water. Honda will always have the reliablilty but they are slow to update and people lose interest.

Same here. For budget racers a LTR or the like is a great buy cause you can race it in stock form or with little money put into it (exhaust and revalves for example). I was at the ITP Quadcross race last night and saw a stock LTR racing as well as a bone stock TRX450R that ended up winning its class (novice). It can be done in stock form, but the 450R is probably the worst to take to the track as it is.

Regardless, I should be getting my R within the next two weeks because I, like a lot of others on here, will change everything on a race-ready quad anyways so I might as well start with a good platform that I can get a killer deal on and then build from there.