PDA

View Full Version : ltr450 or yfz450r

Sforza919
09-18-2008, 09:29 AM
i'm looking to buy a new race quad next month and i had my eye on a new ltr450 but the new yfz450r sounds pretty nice, however i'm not sure if that aluminum frame will hold up like the metal ones and i'm not s sponsored rider so i don't have all the money in the world to spend fixing one, and i'm not big on buying a new model the first year it comes out, they might now have all the bugs worked out. which one would you guys suggest i get?

grantmi
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
LTR is a really good quad....other then the clutch mine has held up great.....not sure the if the YFZ450R is worth the extra money. $7999!!

LTandRaptorider
09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Since I have an LTR-450, my opinion would be biased! :p But after checking out the specs and pics of the new EFI YFZ, I had to say... hmmm... Since it's just coming out, there is no ride report from riders/racers. So I would say for you to make a decision, you will have to wait awhile.

After having an 01 Raptor, I said I would never buy a first year quad again. Luckily I had no probs with it... And here I am with an 06 LTR... And no probs with it either, except getting the recall work done on the frame/rear shock mount. So my advice? Be patient if the new YFZ is one of your choices. Do lots of research... And hopefully you have good luck if you decide to get it.

Or, screw patience, just go get an LT-R450! :D

XCRacer236
09-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Since I have an LTR-450, my opinion would be biased! :p But after checking out the specs and pics of the new EFI YFZ, I had to say... hmmm... Since it's just coming out, there is no ride report from riders/racers. So I would say for you to make a decision, you will have to wait awhile.

After having an 01 Raptor, I said I would never buy a first year quad again. Luckily I had no probs with it... And here I am with an 06 LTR... And no probs with it either, except getting the recall work done on the frame/rear shock mount. So my advice? Be patient if the new YFZ is one of your choices. Do lots of research... And hopefully you have good luck if you decide to get it.

Or, screw patience, just go get an LT-R450! :D

couldn't have said it better myself!!

ah665
09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
agreed. well put.

as far as the alum frame though, i honestly wouldnt worry about that 1 bit. the bottom of the frame is steel and the rest is aluminum. aluminum has been on bikes for quite awhile and it works great.

if you did jump the gun on a new yfz, chances are you wont regret it, but you are taking a chance. its a safe bet on a fantastic quad with the LTR tho. the fact that we havent heard anything about an 09 tho, has me wondering if more changes are in store, so maybe hold off and see what happens

Sforza919
09-19-2008, 07:19 AM
yes when will they be releasing the 09 ltr's i talked to a sales rep at ask powersports and he said there will be no changes and he will have them on the showroom floor next month

suck my pipe
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I have road a lot of quads and my LTR is my favorite by far.

racerx573
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Have you ridden the new YFZ450R?

I thought aluminum was metal? lol!

XCRacer236
09-19-2008, 09:57 PM
LMAO! man the only people who've rode these things are people like Bill Ballance. you have not rode the YFZ450R! thats what this thread is about.