PDA

View Full Version : yfz450r or ltr450

Sforza919
09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
i'm looking to buy a new race quad next month and i had my eye on a new ltr450 but the new yfz450r sounds pretty nice, however i'm not sure if that aluminum frame will hold up like the metal ones and i'm not s sponsored rider so i don't have all the money in the world to spend fixing one, and i'm not big on buying a new model the first year it comes out, they might now have all the bugs worked out. which one would you guys suggest i get?

csr250r
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Personally i would wait a while and get some magazine reviews on the new yfz450r i think it sounds like it could be better than the suzuki but the suzuki has a pretty nice bike now so time will tell.

greenblood01
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't think the aluminum frame will be anything to worry about considering the fact that it bolts together instead of being welded like steel frames, where the welds are what tend to break. You're going to have trouble damanging any frame unless you're casing some serious jumps.

As far as I can tell, the only advantage the Suzuki has over the Yamaha is the stock tire size, which most people replace anyway..

Dr89
09-18-2008, 08:37 PM
i dont think theres really any question. the old yfz was a better bike than the suzuki, and the new one did nothing but improve on an already incredible bike...its going to be reliable out of the box, i would put a lot of money on that....

Gray33
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
yfz fo sho

04TRX400EX
09-19-2008, 12:12 PM
I do not believe the aluminum frame will be any more prone to damage, but I do believe it will require more maintenance. Just like other areas on the bike, it will simply take a few turns of an allen wrench or whatever they use to make sure everything is nice and tight.

I also agree the new YFZ-R is the better way to go, but I say so based more on feel. Sitting on both, I do not like the seating position and ergonomics of the LTR's where the YFZ feels very light and controllable in my opinion, or it at least conforms to my riding position better.

jdlove...yfz450
09-20-2008, 12:26 AM
yfz without a doubt! two of my riding group have new ltr's and they both regret it dearly. it is all about personal preference. i prefer yfz's, so do my two friends riding ltr's. that should tell you enough in itself. good luck

ATVMX905
09-26-2008, 09:25 AM
get the yfz. it kills the ltr. i wouldnt buy a suckzuki anyways. they are junk. idc what anyone says.