PDA

View Full Version : What my 400ex looks like with a tree on it

78ta
09-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Fu**ing Ike!!!

this happened sunday afternoon.

My wife and I rode over to her parents house for a bit, the winds started to pick up and we were just getting ready to get back on our quads and leave, then this happened. first tree in the area to fall down just so happened to have my wheeler under it!!

Thank god, my wife and her mother just got out of the way when this thing come down, it missed them by about ten feet!!!!

just my luck

oh well, good thing I keep insurance on all my toys.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/78TA/resized2.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/78TA/resized3.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/78TA/resized1.jpg

RaginRedneck
09-18-2008, 01:24 AM
That frickin' sucks. Make sure you give it a 21 beer salute!

Wildbrain
09-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Its a Honda.
Look at that tree all busted up around it.
Poor tree didn't stand a chance.
No, that really sucks man. Hopefully when you dig it out it wont be as bad as it looks.
Good Luck

Snipe
09-18-2008, 06:25 AM
actually aside from a broken head light it dont look that bad at all. Really look at the backend it dont even look squated lol

Honda#4
09-18-2008, 06:41 AM
I bet it still runs. From the looks of it, it doesnt seem like the branch is putting pressure on the suspension.

blaaze416
09-18-2008, 07:11 AM
nnnoooooooo!! i bet your heart stopped for a few! really though, it may just be cosmetic....some new bars maybe. glad you weren't on it!! i feel ya, my area got nailed, too!

Snipe
09-18-2008, 10:51 AM
The eye of that hurricane went right next to our town!

78ta
09-18-2008, 11:11 AM
It looks pretty good from a distance, but it bent and broke a lot of stuff. the plastic is only like 6 months old...it broke just about every clip and mounting tab on the plastic, junked the complete headlight assembly, switches on the bars, bars bent, brand new grips trashed, most of my fresh powdercoated stuff is scuffed, steering stem bent, put a hole in my brand new seat, along with bending various mounting brackets, and scratching everything...including my itp ss112 wheels. oh yea, bent my nerfs also.

The worst thing is it bent the top section of the frame where the steering stem and gas tank bolt to, not extremely bent, but bent enought to keep a lot of stuff from lining up properly....

I have only had this bike for a couple months and I just finished fixing all the stuff that was broke or worn out on the bike on thursday of last week, I had posted pics on another thread last week after I got it all fixed up.....now I get to do it all over again

It still runs, it takes more than a tree to completely stop a honda

geezy
09-18-2008, 11:42 AM
wow u got an 400ex tree destroyer, save me sum mulch,lol

MtnEX
09-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Here's hoping you get fair treatment from your insurance...

Hopefully for a small deduction you can keep it for parts and get yourself a new one. Then you can part it out or keep a lot of useable stuff.

On the bright side though, at least there are 2 ways this could be covered by insurance... your policy or their homeowners. So you should be good.

Just be understanding that they have far more pressing claims to process right now though.

Wildbrain
09-19-2008, 01:42 AM
First thing I would do is...........

Back up the rear tires onto the tree trunk, Full throtle from there.
Spin those Holeshots as fast as they will go and remove every piece of bark off that friggin tree.

After that...............

Lots of dough nuts all around the SOB and compleatly cover the tree with mud.

Then.............

Spin that chain and sprocket on all of the branches and make that tree bleed as much sap as its got left.

And finally................

Pour what gas you have left in the tank and burn that Mother to the ground.

Probably won't fix your quad any but I bet you will feel better about it when you are enjoying some hot dogs over the fire.

actionemt2
09-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Look at that, the tree split and the Ex still looks intact! Gotta love those honda 400ex's

73watermutt
09-19-2008, 07:33 AM
man that sucks

Mikeman1
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Sorry to see that man,it stinks.Hopefully it won't be too bad to fix her back up.

bdtoady22
09-20-2008, 08:51 PM
i know a guy that does pc cheap he'll fix you up when the time comes lol call me and let me know what u need redone

sc400ex_rider
09-21-2008, 06:08 AM
PAIN :mad: