PDA

View Full Version : ive figured out why bubbas not running outdoors in 09

250r rider 88
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
hes going after a new career ambition, watch the vid: hilarious

http://www.racerxonline.com/blog/racer-x-staff-blog/2008/09/16/must-see-rick-james-stewart/

250r rider 88
09-17-2008, 09:04 PM
is the video stopping at 20 secs for anyone else?

hardkoratvmxr
09-17-2008, 10:50 PM
ran all the way through for me but i would like those 4 minutes of my life back.

honda400ex68b
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
ran all the way through for me but i would like those 4 minutes of my life back.

same here, but i stopped it after a minute. i only would like that minute of my life back.

250r rider 88
09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
man guys, i thought this was hilarious, guess some people just dont have a sense of humor :ermm:

Brademay
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
what is the deal with all these sissy riders not racing motocross.This new breed of sissys are going to put motocross out of business.

09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
he posted a bulliten yesterday with that. i thought it was hilarious reminded me of an addition to the rick james skit on dave chappelle

416exfreak
09-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Man... I dont know exactly what to say to that...

If thats what helps him sleep at night...:scary:

jrspawn
09-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Brademay
what is the deal with all these sissy riders not racing motocross.This new breed of sissys are going to put motocross out of business.

Its called money! SX is where its at man. I dont blame them one bit either. And i wouldnt call them sissies, they are the fastest racers in the world.

250r rider 88
09-18-2008, 07:11 PM
it comes down to the fact alot of the guys dont want to run 30 minutes plus 2 laps, thats is along time to some of these guys, i understand that the AMA does it for the spectators but still, the riders bring in the spectators so it should be what they want,

one of my best friends went pro and raced supercross and arenacross, and i asked him why he doesnt do the outdoors and he straight out told me because of the 30 min +2

it could also be the factories as well, alot of money goes into their programs

i dont know i would like to see interviews with bubba, reed, and others who only run SX and see their honest reasons why

Brademay
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't care if they are the fastest, when they start complaining that its too hot or thats too long to race, then they are sissys. THey have been racing motocross for decades, its where it all started. If they are getting paid millions like they are they should be happy to run for any amount of time.The sport and the spectator are the ones that will lose in this.

54warrior
09-19-2008, 05:19 AM
I don't care if they are the fastest, when they start complaining that its too hot or thats too long to race, then they are sissys. THey have been racing motocross for decades, its where it all started. If they are getting paid millions like they are they should be happy to run for any amount of time.The sport and the spectator are the ones that will lose in this.

Hey, somebody who actually makes sense!!!

ah665
09-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Its called money! SX is where its at man. I dont blame them one bit either. And i wouldnt call them sissies, they are the fastest racers in the world.

that makes no sense. under most circumstances, the riders that race SX-only arent getting paid through the summer, if they arent racing outdoors. so therefore if it was about money, theyd be racing both.

on a side note, Reed will be back to outdoors because of his new team and i heard Windham will aswell.

jrspawn
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
They are getting paid more than enough to run just the SX series. Its their job and thats what they are contracted to do. Why run outdoors when (again) your contract is paying you more than enough to just run indoorsor take the chance of getting hurt and screwing up your SX season(dont care what anyone says thats where the money is at).

And again, to call any Top racer a sissy for just racing SX is pretty screwed up in my opinion. Most of these guys HAVE paid there dues and raced outdoors and won a national championship!

Thank you
Justin

ah665
09-19-2008, 09:55 AM
They are getting paid more than enough to run just the SX series. Its their job and thats what they are contracted to do. Why run outdoors when (again) your contract is paying you more than enough to just run indoorsor take the chance of getting hurt and screwing up your SX season(dont care what anyone says thats where the money is at).

And again, to call any Top racer a sissy for just racing SX is pretty screwed up in my opinion. Most of these guys HAVE paid there dues and raced outdoors and won a national championship!

Thank you
Justin

either way, you are still making as much or close to it to run outdoors, so thats double the money (if you run both series). you can get injured in both, so i still dont understand your point.

jrspawn
09-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by ah665
either way, you are still making as much or close to it to run outdoors, so thats double the money (if you run both series). you can get injured in both, so i still dont understand your point.

Alright, im guess im the only one here that thinks this way?

Lets say you have a job. Your job offers you 6.5 million to work half the year, or you could make slightly more working the full year but in worse conditions possibly. To me it doesnt take a rocket scientist to go with the half of year deal. But again seems like im the only one thinking this way.

Just becuase they would run both mx and sx does not mean their salary is doubled either, not even close. Again SX is where the money is at, by a long shot.

If a racer wants to race just SX, he has the right to do so. If he doesnt want or like to run outdoors, so be it! Getting on here and calling a sissy for doing so is LAME. Maybe you should call these racers up and tell them to race outdoors because you think they should, and if they dont that makes them a sissy.

Brademay
09-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Okay, i will change sissy to spoiled young kids. U never saw RC sign a sx contract, in fact he looked forward to MX because he knew no one else had what it took to race with him.Now they will just run sx because its in a heated staduim or air conditioned, and it doesn't take as much pysical training. I understand less work for more money but if they are looking at it as work then something is wrong.

jrspawn
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Unfortunetly it is work. Its their job and what pays the bills. So they have to look at it in that perspective. Just like all of the top ATV pro factory riders. A few years ago alot of local races would have several pros show to run, now days you dont really see that as much. Ill never forget the day at motorama hearing a pro say he's not gonna do the triple there(which he had down years before) becuase he couldnt risk his season if he wrecked. I guess he is a sissy to? Again, racing is their job at a professional level in ANY sport. And they have to decide what the best decision is for them to keep their sponsors happy, keep healthy, and focus on what it is that exactly pays the bills.

Thank you
Justin

ah665
09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
well if i was a pro racer that was in it for the money, then instead of making 5 mil doing sx and then not doing outdoors, id probly race both and make 9 or so. makes sense to me. show me figures that shows 'its not even close' because i beg to differ. the riders get paid well outdoors.

as far as comparing jumping a triple to risk the season to racing the outdoors, thats totally out of context.

im not callin the pro racers sissys, that was someone else. i do however, respect guys like RC who run both. MX is the roots of the sport and both series are needed for the sport to grow. SX does nothing for the up-and comers and privateers. MX is really what gives those guys a chance.

jrspawn
09-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree with you on the MX is the roots to the sport to an extent. But to say SX does nothing for the up and comers/privateers isnt true.

saying the comparison of jumping the triple and running outdoors is Not out of context either to alot of racers. To a racer like Chad reed who was contracted to run SX, running outdoors IS taking a risk at being hurt and screwing him out of a SX season. Now if a racer is contracted to run both MX and SX thats a little different. But these factories arent dumb. They know the racers like Chad shine in SX, and honestly dont stand a chance outdoors against bubba. Why put him at the risk of eating it outdoors and then not having their top rider when its SX time.

And ill say it till im blue in the face, SX is where the money is at! Yes MX might pay well. But from Many standpoints sponsors benifit more out of SX. The viewer ratings are much better, its also ran on prime time channels such as ABC/CBS, more sponsor envolment, etc....... Thats whats gonna pay the bills. Yes MX is very big part to the reacing community, but SX reaches out more(if that makes sense?)

I also just want to say im a diehard for both MX and SX, and im not downing MX one bit. Its just from a financial standpoint(from racers, factories, and sponsors) SX where its at.

Brademay
09-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I have heard time and time again over many years watching pro racers and they all say that if u think of it as a job then u are done. If i make 5 mil in one year, then paying the bills is not a concern anymore. Spoiled.

jrspawn
09-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Ive also heard that before, but again it IS their job. They are contracted to what the sponsors want them to do and they have to keep the sponsors happy. This goes for about every professional sport.

ah665
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
well of course running outdoors if you arent under contract will risk your SX season, but im sayin they shouldnt have SX only contracts in the first place. like i said before. chad was SX only, partly because his team only had the resources and funds to field an SX team. he will be back doing both now that he is on Rockstar suzuki.

SX is all about the show. it does not cater to privateers or up-and-comers anywhere near the same level as the nationals. maybe i shouldnt have said sx does nothing for those ppl, but very little in comparison.

i do agree with some of what you are saying and i see your point, but i disagree in other things, which is fine tho:cool:

jrspawn
09-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Its safe to say we agree to disagree:blah: :D

Justin

TWISTED
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Its safe to say we agree to disagree:blah: :D

Justin

You think???? I just wanted to say that......

DEAL
09-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Okay, i will change sissy to spoiled young kids. U never saw RC sign a sx contract, in fact he looked forward to MX because he knew no one else had what it took to race with him.Now they will just run sx because its in a heated staduim or air conditioned, and it doesn't take as much pysical training. I understand less work for more money but if they are looking at it as work then something is wrong.

Do you watch sx?
Did you happen to notice the mud races they had this year because of the rain?
And as for less physically demanding .. Have you ever raced indoors vs outdoors?
I don't care what the conditions are outdoors .. sx will always be way more demanding .. think about it .. constand jumps, whoops and tight turns .. no big straights .. or long shooter style jumps to get a break on like you have on most outdoor tracks.
I've done indoors and outdoors (on a quad) .. but yes .. its the same idea ..

09-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Do you watch sx?
Did you happen to notice the mud races they had this year because of the rain?
And as for less physically demanding .. Have you ever raced indoors vs outdoors?
I don't care what the conditions are outdoors .. sx will always be way more demanding .. think about it .. constand jumps, whoops and tight turns .. no big straights .. or long shooter style jumps to get a break on like you have on most outdoor tracks.
I've done indoors and outdoors (on a quad) .. but yes .. its the same idea ..

daytona SX was insane! craziest race ever they had spots of over 4ft deep puddles a guy sunk his bike and all you saw was the front tires and forks sticking out of the mud!

BLU82
09-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Maybe he wants to let someone else win.

rollie
09-19-2008, 07:19 PM
I think bubba taking the outdoor series off is awesome, it will make for better races and battles for first, James has already proven he can ride, and win outdoors...i agree with jsprawn though

And im sure some of the factories say up front that they can ONLY race SX, its there JOB!!, they sign the paper saying factory owns them pretty much.

If they sign james for the #1 spot on yamaha, and he crashes in an outdoor, the YZ450F doesnt win supercross, which = less sales, what wins on sunday, sells on monday

its BUSINESS!! they're interested in selling more bikes(SX=More exposure=more sales), They hire these guys to WIN an SX championship, not to crash in outdoors and have no one winning on that certain brand.

Brademay
09-20-2008, 07:32 AM
I've been watching sx and mx for 18yrs. THe riders themselves say outdoors is more pyshically demanding think about it. 100 degree, 30 min + 2 lap then another 100 degree 30 min +2lap about and hour later. I ve raced indoor and out. there is no way indoor is more pysically demanding. You never see people going to the hospital out of sheer exhaustoin for sx. And let me get this straight, u think the factories are wanting the riders to run only sx.

kawabunga
09-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Why is this such a big deal? Does him taking off MX affect any of you directly? Who cares why he does or does not do anything? It's his own personal decision, it's his life. He's gonna do what he wants regardless of how you feel about it.

Brademay
09-20-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm not just talking about bubbles, I don't care if i don't see him again, its about all of them not riding mx, i don't want to see the end of mx. p.s. this is just a discussion man,thats what these forums are for, its not personal.