PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stablizer for LTR

Keystone_Rider
09-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm looking to buy a steering stabilizer for my 08 LTR 450. Anyone have any of those puck style stabilizer for sale? Someone gave me an e-mail address for the guy that makes CCP stabilizers, but he never got back to me and i lost his e-mail. Anyone know how i can contact him? thanks

madskrillz2
09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Keystone_Rider
I'm looking to buy a steering stabilizer for my 08 LTR 450. Anyone have any of those puck style stabilizer for sale? Someone gave me an e-mail address for the guy that makes CCP stabilizers, but he never got back to me and i lost his e-mail. Anyone know how i can contact him? thanks

LMAO puck style? That's a first. I'm not positive, but I think they're called rotary stabilizer's. I kinda feel stupid not knowing for sure since I have a Precision. But I don't think I've ever heard of a "CCP". If I were you, I would go with a Precision. Thing's are AMAZING

XCRacer236
09-19-2008, 01:46 PM
never heard of the "puck" deal other. get a Precision. nothings better when it comes to stabilizers.

honda250xman
09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
yeah he is def talking about a precision type stabilizer, i've heard of the ccp and have heard nothing but good things about them, and they are only like $180 bucks, cant beat that. beats 500 for a precision for sure. go for it man from what i have heard you wont be disapointed

Keystone_Rider
09-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Hey, i though they were puck style but you guys are right they are called rotary style. I know precision is the best out there, but there is a good deal on Elka's dampners. 300.00 for the system 3's and 325.00 for the system 5's. what do you guys think? Is elka's as good as precision?

XCRacer236
09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
you can get a precision for 350. and its WAYYYY better than Elka. nothing Elka builds is any good.

Keystone_Rider
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Precision for 350.00? I haven't seen any deals that low for them. Care to tell me where I can find them for that price? thanks.

XCRacer236
09-19-2008, 10:00 PM
ebay. and forums like this. hell i saw one the other day for 200.

petzllampo
09-20-2008, 02:01 PM
on my honda trx i was using the PEPS but on my ltr im using the new Streamline Billitanium Adjustable Damper and think it looks and performs sweet, infact its the dogs danglies. check-out the link

http://www.atvsonly.co.uk/products/chassissusphand/STREAMLINECHASSISLINK.html

madskrillz2
09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Keystone_Rider
Hey, i though they were puck style but you guys are right they are called rotary style. I know precision is the best out there, but there is a good deal on Elka's dampners. 300.00 for the system 3's and 325.00 for the system 5's. what do you guys think? Is elka's as good as precision?

I wouldn't get an elka becuase I've heard of a few cases where they've broken or actually locked up. If you're just patient, you can probably find yourself a precision for a good price. I got lucky and got mine before they got super popular so it didn't have the price tag they have now.

KingpinsEx
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I was looking into a rocky moutain atv catalog and the precision dampeners in there said they only mount to your stock steering stem not aftermarket??