PDA

View Full Version : mods for racing???

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 07:17 PM
i have a 08 raptor 250 stock, and i want to get into racing. I already found the class that i would be in. but i dont kno what mods i would need. if i race my 250 stock im afraid that i would be in last place eating the dust. so any suggestions would help alot..
thanks much

RideRaceLive93
09-17-2008, 07:35 PM
what type of racing do you do??

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
i didnt start racing yet but when i do start ill be doing GNCC in the schoolboy class

forgiven
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
You won't know how much you need to do until you get out there. Seat time and suspension are going to be the two biggest things you can do most likely.

I think different tires will help the handling quite a bit too.

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 09:07 PM
i have maxxis razrs on my 250 and they seem to get around the best. my suspension isnt to bad but i can live with it for now. but the first thing i relly want to get is a steering stabalizer because the 250 is rough in the woods with all the rocks and the bumps.

forgiven
09-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Everyone who has one swears by them.

forgiven
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Do you have a FMF or HMF full exhaust and high flow air filter?

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
yea after i get one ill prolly never ride again with out one because i heard nothing but good things about them

RideRaceLive93
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
suspesion suspension suspension...... the raptor 250 sits very tall and is very narrow for and aggresive rider/racer get some wider a-arms (not too wide) and some new suspension like the hls other than than that fasst flexx bars make the world of a diference with fatique new foot pegs and nerfs will prob be in your best interst then start to uncork it

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
im not sure but i will check tomorrow. all that i kno that everything is pretty much stock except the tires

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by RideRaceLive93
suspesion suspension suspension...... the raptor 250 sits very tall and is very narrow for and aggresive rider/racer get some wider a-arms (not too wide) and some new suspension like the hls other than than that fasst flexx bars make the world of a diference with fatiquenew fott pegs and nerfs will prob be in your best interst then start to uncork it

yea. everytime i go around a turn my quad wants to roll. my new tires helped with that alot but it still want to roll. i did have the donut tires which were only good if you wanted to get killed

gorideorgohome
11-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah ours is a little on the tippy side so we will be going with JB or maybe even Janssen, I've heard both packages are availible with the Float Evol and I've had great eperience with the JB Evol combo on my LTR so I'm sure it will be good on the MX track, not sure if anyone has an XC arm yet. My son may start doing some GNCC stuff so I'm interested if anyone knows who may have a XC package.

mxslevnik69
11-18-2008, 10:55 AM
im moving up to the 450 class next year so im going to be selling my raptor 250 pretty soon. the only thing im waiting for are my fox floats. it will be 100% race ready as soon as i get my shocks in. it has over $11,000 invested in it and it also has the max power/wolfpack racing 300cc stroker kit in it. ill try to post some pics of it tonight. please let me know if you are interested.