PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is Cross city Fl.?

mat1977
09-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I just hired a kid from Cross City Fl. and He was telling me they live with no electricity,running water ect. down there. Is anybody from anywhere near there down in florida and can tell me if he is probably b.s.ing me.

hypersnyper6947
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
its about 50miles west of gainsville use google maps

mat1977
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I just checked the map out,dosn't look like that bad.he made it sound like a third world country.

416exfreak
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
its about 50miles west of gainsville use google maps

He is probably telling you the truth. Some people still choose to live that way. Alot of people in that area (cross city) are still kind of old fashioned...

mat1977
09-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
He is probably telling you the truth. Some people still choose to live that way. Alot of people in that area (cross city) are still kind of old fashioned... Nothin wrong with that,dudes got great manners and stuff.Its refreshing seeing someone else hold doors open for people and stuff.That chit is allmost unheard of around here.Southern hospitality:macho

416exfreak
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by mat1977
Nothin wrong with that,dudes got great manners and stuff.Its refreshing seeing someone else hold doors open for people and stuff.That chit is allmost unheard of around here.Southern hospitality:macho

The rest of the country needs a little taste of it. My girlfriend just moved down here from up north like a month ago. She gets all excited when I open a door for her, and when I say "yes sir" and stuff to her dad.

I guess people in the north just dont say that kinda stuff?:confused:

hypersnyper6947
09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
yea i love southern hospitality im from ft. lauderdale and there is none down there, so im just going to keep moving north where people are polite. By north i mean like ocala fl., georgia not like NY

mat1977
09-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
The rest of the country needs a little taste of it. My girlfriend just moved down here from up north like a month ago. She gets all excited when I open a door for her, and when I say "yes sir" and stuff to her dad.

I guess people in the north just dont say that kinda stuff?:confused: Nah,There is a few of us left but its pretty much the people I surround myself with it seems like.But for the most part there is definately a lack of common courtesy .Maybe I'll move, I have familly in Orlando and Holliday!:D

09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Southern people are deffinately the nicest, most polite people I have ever met. I am originally from NY so I dont say sir or maam without thinking of it. I still hold doors open and stuff

bluebaron
09-17-2008, 08:20 PM
It's the damn coasts ha. Ever heard of Minnesota nice

rollie
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Everyone up here is always in such a rush:ermm: And everyone acts like there more important than you, i try not too though:cool: