PDA

View Full Version : i quit

ATVMX905
09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Over the past year ive become involved in the habit of smoking and chewing. i decided today that enough is enough. i quit and im never touching that stuff again. to anybody that is in my situation, its not worth getting cancer over and it makes you look like trash to some people.

redrocker
09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Good job now just stick to it
you'll be happier in the long run

trx400EXtreme
09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
good chioce.:macho there is ABSOLUTLEY no benifit to chewing or smoking.

Scro
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
there is ABSOLUTLEY no benifit to chewing or smoking.

Well said.

ATVMX905
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM
i no. thanks guys. its soo stupid and i just realized it.

ohsobad_chevy
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Stay strong man, the addiction is 100% mental. ;)

09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
good chioce.:macho there is ABSOLUTLEY no benifit to chewing or smoking.

Smoking makes you talk more. Thats why when a lot of people are standing in a group talking a lot of smokers pull out their cegeretts and start smoking. Smokers don't realize that.

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 05:35 PM
wow.. i never new that smoking made you talk more

416exfreak
09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by crazy_jeremy
wow.. i never new that smoking made you talk more

You must realize, SLOW said that...:chinese:

Ralph
09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I gotta agree, smoking is not a bad way to socialize with others when you normally would not.

I don't think it justifies the risks but I've met and had very long and interesting conversations with strangers just because we were both out there smoking.

HOWEVER, I quit smoking 3 weeks ago after being a smoker for over 5 years. I got the gum and have not smoked one since. :macho

hypersnyper6947
09-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Good job, i think you will have no problem quitting. I talked to many people who quit, they said that they had tried to quit many times before and it didnt work. Then one day they just had enough and didnt want it anymore, so they quit cold turkey after years and years with no problems, they were just done. It sounds like you are just done, CONGRATS!

ZeroLogic
09-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Hell, good luck to ya. I've been dipping for about four years. I can't see anyway I would quit.:ermm:

hypersnyper6947
09-17-2008, 10:08 PM
My dad dipped for 25 years and quit cold turkey, you can do it. He started smoking cigars though. Only for a bit then he quit that too

09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
My grandpa smoked a lot for 73 years starting at the age of 12. He died from just being old but never got any conditions or cancer. But he did have a bad coff.

09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
My dad dipped for 25 years and quit cold turkey, you can do it. He started smoking cigars though. Only for a bit then he quit that too

I notaced that a lot of people that try to quit suck on tooth picks. Thats weird.

Hondadudeehhhh
09-17-2008, 10:31 PM
It's tough to quit. Especially those long car rides. but good luck

09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
I notaced that a lot of people that try to quit suck on tooth picks. Thats weird. Do they quit talking to SLOW?

09-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Nova
Do they quit talking to SLOW?

Only once you stop breathing.

crazy_jeremy
09-17-2008, 11:30 PM
My grandpa smoked a lot for 73 years starting at the age of 12. He died from just being old but never got any conditions or cancer. But he did have a bad coff.

wow!!! 73 years and no cancer or anything!?!?

09-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by crazy_jeremy
wow!!! 73 years and no cancer or anything!?!?

Nope. But I do remember him having a real nasty coff. He died from fluid build up in his body and lungs or something like that, I'm not exactly sure what happened cause I was only 6 or 7 at the time when he died and I never asked any one what happened but now that I'm actually thinking about it for the first time really I'm going to ask my mom about what happened. All I know for sure is his death was not at all from smoking. And he was one of the dudes that was in world war 2. I think my attitude comes from him cause he was always ripping things apart cashing in copper out of vaccumes and what not and was nice as could be and always made me good mac n cheese when I was little lol. Now I rip everything apart and I'm pretty much nice as can be and eat mac n cheese at least one time a day and I'm the only one in my hole family thats like this so I must get it from him :eek: ;) He was a lil dude and his wife was big and had a temper and always beat on him and pushed him around but she died 6 years befor him. I hope chicks don't start beating me up :devil:

I-7
09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Good job man. I have been back and forth from dipping and smoking for the past 5 years. The longest I went without either was probably 2 months. I'm just letting you know, when things go downhill on some crappy day, you will want one, and hopefully your strong enough to fight off that urge because I sure wasn't. I haven't smoked a cigarette in over 4 days now but man, this skoal is really starting to give me some bad gum loss.

bean2080
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
i agree, smoking is tough to quit but you can do it. everything will go good for a little bit then all of a sudden you will want one really bad, you have to be strong enough to get past that stage but after that the need isnt bad at all. i see myself still wanting one every once and a while but gess i dont want it bad enough so i dont smoke it.

Moto49X
09-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Been dippin for 6 years, started when I was 14. I quit for a month or two here and there. Rough days make ya start again. I think if i really wanted to quit it wouldn't be much of a problem.

416exfreak
09-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
Been dippin for 6 years, started when I was 14. I quit for a month or two here and there. Rough days make ya start again. I think if i really wanted to quit it wouldn't be much of a problem.

I just quit dipping, been doing it for 7 years... and im only 16.

Yea, I know.. pathetic. But, when you finally say enough is enough, its not that hard to quit. Its all a mental addiction.

crazy_jeremy
09-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Nope. But I do remember him having a real nasty coff. He died from fluid build up in his body and lungs or something like that, I'm not exactly sure what happened cause I was only 6 or 7 at the time when he died and I never asked any one what happened but now that I'm actually thinking about it for the first time really I'm going to ask my mom about what happened. All I know for sure is his death was not at all from smoking. And he was one of the dudes that was in world war 2. I think my attitude comes from him cause he was always ripping things apart cashing in copper out of vaccumes and what not and was nice as could be and always made me good mac n cheese when I was little lol. Now I rip everything apart and I'm pretty much nice as can be and eat mac n cheese at least one time a day and I'm the only one in my hole family thats like this so I must get it from him :eek: ;) He was a lil dude and his wife was big and had a temper and always beat on him and pushed him around but she died 6 years befor him. I hope chicks don't start beating me up :devil:

wow.. sad story man.. lol i kinda smurked when you said "I hope chicks don't start beating me up"

chris46250r
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I've been dipping for 16 years. I dip 3 cans of Copenhagen Long Cut a day. I am having no luck quitting. I want to quit for the health and the money. $4 a can adds up.

Moto49X
09-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I've been dipping for 16 years. I dip 3 cans of Copenhagen Long Cut a day. I am having no luck quitting. I want to quit for the health and the money. $4 a can adds up.

Damn man, I'm at a can a day and thought that was bad enough.

trx400exxracer
09-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
Damn man, I'm at a can a day and thought that was bad enough.
For real thats $84 a week

I also dip about a can a day (grizzly wintergreen) and thats about $14 a week if you buy the cans in single but $8 in a 5 cans. 3 cans a day must be not stop!!! Dang!:eek2:

honda300EXtreme
09-18-2008, 08:08 PM
keep going strong, just focus on better health and more money in hand.

i wish i could quit rubbing snuff, ive tried and tried again, but about after 5 days, people are handing it too me just so ill relax,

3 cans a day damn! im at about a can and a half a day and thats bad,

ZeroLogic
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM
I've been dippin for about fourish years. Around 3/4 to a full tin a day. It sure does add up.:o

Luzinski
09-19-2008, 11:18 AM
It's coming up on 9 months for me with no chew. I had been chewing Copenhagen Snuff since I was 12 and am 33. Do what ever you have to do to not take another chew.

http://www.stopsmokeless.com/ Check out the gallery.
http://www.hoochsnuff.com/
http://www.quitsmokeless.org/

Try these links, there is some good info in them.

bluebaron
09-19-2008, 07:49 PM
I've been dipping a 1/2 to 3/4 a day for the last five years. It seems like every few months Minnesota raises the tax on tobacco. I pay about $3.50 a can of Grizzly! It seems like everybody wines about how much It sucks and they're going broke, bla bla... I hope one day it will be just to expensive and I truly try to quit.