PDA

View Full Version : 250X carb trouble!

BullySpeedFreak
12-09-2002, 04:15 PM
:( It is a sad day when u know ur machine wants to run! I have a very sad problem, I had posted a old thread regarding my 600 dollar 1992 Beater 250X. today I managed to get the plug out it looks get getting spark, but I relize that something is not right in teh carb it seemd that it is not getting any gas when I open ope the throttle! is then float stuck closed? or is the float gap off?

I know this is the problem becuas eit woudl chug then turn off - I have checked the petcock on the tank and that teh gas is flowing into the bowl . If any one can give me any advice on a thsi carb trouble, I would greatly appreciate it, and another question I have is what is teh best spark plug out there for the 250X so it will start 1 st kick? haha if it could , thanks you EX guys know what ur tlaking about so I am gonan let you tell me the answer haha!:macho :macho

honda250xrider
12-09-2002, 05:05 PM
i will sell ya a carb for 25$ if you would like another one, i have never been good with carbs so i couldn't really tell ya what the problem could be

jerry-89-250R
12-09-2002, 05:30 PM
if gas is going into the float bowl the float isn't closed, is gas running out the overflow? did you take the slide out when working on the carb? look in the back of the carb and see if the slide is moving up and down as you open and close the throttle.

BullySpeedFreak
12-09-2002, 06:10 PM
yes teh slid eis in there , its not getting gas I think teh float level is off!

hey for 25 bucks is taht carb setup or does it need work?

TRX_Thumper
12-09-2002, 07:30 PM
i got a brand new carb off a 2002 300ex...make me an offer its only 6 months old...the 300ex's are 2mm bigger and will give a performance increase will bolt straight on your x

BullySpeedFreak
12-10-2002, 12:27 PM
hey hows does 45 bucks sound i am low on cash , and its bigger so will I have to mess with teh timing or no!

TRX_Thumper
12-10-2002, 02:46 PM
naw timin wont be affectd u will probably just have 2 play with the jetting...the choke is also removed from this carb so lots of performance increase....i cant let it go for 45

honda250xrider
12-10-2002, 04:14 PM
trx thumper you said you gained lots of performance increase. im not trying to start a flame but, you wont gain much from adding a 2mm diff carb. the reason is that i dont think he has much done to his engine so he doesn't really need to much more air flow and fuel flow. please check me if im wrong though. but you are right you will gain some performance such as added throttle response.

TRX_Thumper
12-10-2002, 07:43 PM
yeah your right i shouldnt have worded it that way but with the choke removed an stuff he will have a noticeable difference

BullySpeedFreak
12-11-2002, 01:04 PM
sry I got my Neater running good today ideling good power all through teh gears next is some plastics, swingarm, oil change , and a frame paint , my quad shoudl be ready for the next big snow in CT !