PDA

View Full Version : dune suspension?

sonof_perdition
09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey all you dune riders... Iam thinking about getting a set of 450r shocks and then sending them to get revalved an such but I was wondering if this would be a worthwhile upgrade for moderate to agressive dune riding. I know there are threads concerning the 450r shoks on a 40ex but I want to hear opinions from the dune riders.

450r revalved, sprung and such
or
aftermarket suspension

thanks

ohsobad_chevy
09-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Just depends on how much you want to spend.
Revalve/resprung stockers will be a night and day difference over stock.

EX LONERIDER
09-17-2008, 10:31 PM
honestly....... i found mine to be quite nice in the dunes. works performance tripples, rezzies, and got em revalved by bob bell (Precision Concepts) in santee.

absoloutely wonderful in the dunes. i have them on the softest spring setting and with their valving they handle nice. even moderately jumping i have to try to bottom them out. :D

mattonln
09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
I have the elka dune editions and they are awesome. its still rough in the chop when your going slow but if you rail whoops, g-outs, drop offs and jump big hits like I do, they are amazing.

sonof_perdition
09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
So either way, it sounds like suspension is the way to go over stock 400ex.... Is there a better option to consider as far as who to send 450r suspension to do? I am a price buyer but I also dont want to pay a low price for garbage and mediocre work. Just incase, that last comment was in no way directed to any company, person or sponser. Just making he point that I, like everyone else wants quality over price....

Thanks..

mattonln
09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
oh yeah, suspension is DEFINETELY the way to go if your running stock 400ex shocks right now. I would find a used set of +2 a-arms on here and nice aftermarket/revalved set of shocks and you will be amazed at the difference! and let me know when you ride, I'm from Oregon too, go to school in eugene.

sonof_perdition
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Cool! I may be going this sunday but will let you know for sure...

What should I look for in the +2 a-arms? Brand, price, quality ect...?

250r4life
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I love the suspension on this bad boy... It rides like a cadillac, and just floats through the dunes...

of course, I would never spend the money to buy all the suspension components it has, but it sure is nice having them...

mattonln
09-18-2008, 12:21 PM
just check out the classified section. I have a sale pending on a nice set of laegers +2 dune a-arms for 250. if it falls through I'll let you know. I wouldn't pay more than 300 for standard travel a-arms.

sonof_perdition
09-18-2008, 10:37 PM
sounds good... Let me know.