PDA

View Full Version : Tire question.

Bbro
09-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Hey all,

I have a 2007 420EFI (4x4). I got the bigger 26x12x12 Kenda Bearclaws on ITP rims all the way around..

The machine has reallly good tread with the more aggressive tires but is a bit harder to handle due to the size and tread of the after market tires. The few I have talked to said I have lossed some of my top end speed and low end torgue due to this change and have also said this size of tire is too big for a Rancher..

In saying all this, I was kicking around the idea with going with a narrower Bearclaw on the front and leaving the current size on the back?

If this is worth the effort of TRYING to find someone who wants two used Kenda Bearclaws (VERY good condition). AND IF I do find someone what size would give me back a bit of my lost power and handling capability..

Hind sight being 20-20, I would have stayed with the factory sized tire but just gotten a more aggressive treaded tire.

Thoughts?:confused:

foreman500rider
09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
well ur gonna lose some handling with a bigger, more aggressive tire. now for ur top end speed is gonna change a lil bit b/c there bigger tires and if u want to keep ur bottom end like it was when u had ur stock tires on there is to get a gear reduction kit or a clutch kit or both.

foreman500rider
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
and i think team high lifter has them also
gear reduction (http://www.highlifter.com/products/product_of_the_month.aspx)

Bbro
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys!