PDA

View Full Version : crank bearing qustion

Grant Casey
09-17-2008, 04:12 AM
helloo. my mate pulled his oil filter out and has metal shaving threw it obvioulsy the crank beraing has **** itself,,,,,,,

my qusiton is that,, do honda make a beairng that u can replace it,,, like by just puling the clutch out and putting a new 1 in from there

S.A.J
09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
well i bought my 450r with the crank bearing out and the guy who did(he's actualy still workn on it)mine he got it pulled apart and he split the cases and found out it screwed up the whole crank so i ordered a brand new hotrods crank(cheaper than buying the stock one from honda)which is even stronger and more heavy duty than the stock one.what also hapened in mine is the bearing got lodged inbetween sumthing down there and it broke one of the cases so i had to order a new case too,but thats worst case senerio i would imagine,but too answer your question i would think you'd have to take it all apart because if you didnt thn i wouldnt know why the guy that did mine would have...hope that helps abit

Grant Casey
09-18-2008, 03:08 AM
hye thanks for the eply yeah it helped ithink my freiend is gona pull it odwn and check the crank and stuff to c if its all good