PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Bore

ltrracer
09-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Anybody on here have their throttle body bored out yet? I am looking into it and need some info. If you did, how much did you notice it, who did it, and how much? thanks

QUADSQUAD7
09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, I bored mine. I don't think mine is as extensive as ATP's but I did taper bore it. I first bored the exit port and after flow testing went ahead and bored the inlet port as well. Has the shape of an hour glass. My bike, the combination of mods is right on. Before I bored the throttle body it had a nice sucking sound to it and now with the bored TB it has a very destinctive sound. Sounds like a blow off valve when throttle opens.

ltrracer
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
sweet, so you did it yourself? I havnt checked ATP's site but do you know how extensive they go and what they charge? Thanks

QUADSQUAD7
09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm not for sure what Mike charges. I want to say $200?
I did do mine myself. I flow tested my airbox, exhaust and throttle body during my fabrications. I have done a total of 5 throttle body bores and they all have had segnificant better throttle response and better flow. I'm located in southern Indiana and what ever it would cost you to ship your TB to me plus $100, I would bore it for you and pay the shipping back. I also go through the whole TB, clean and replace parts needed along with my custom cut spring design and a new seal for the injector.

ltrracer
09-18-2008, 12:19 AM
what all does mike do to the TB that you do not? is there really anything else that can be done? and i live in southern IL, where at in Indiana do you live? It may not be far at all from me?

QUADSQUAD7
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I live 20 miles south of IU university, in Bedford.
As far as ATP, I'm pretty sure he bores the TB straight through and replaces the throttle valve with a bigger one. I utilize the stock throttle valve and taper-bore to it.

LTandRaptorider
09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Could you please PM your e-maill addy to me? I may be interested in having this done when I do my winter tear-down. Thanks. :cool:

ltrracer
09-18-2008, 11:20 PM
what kind of a difference does it make boring it all the way through and putting a bigger butterfly in it opposed to taper boring it and using the stock butterfly?