PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Besides Epic ?

ColeMckee
09-16-2008, 11:30 PM
i have a 2008 can am ds 450 x and i need some major mods on my bike, Epic racing is the only company i have came across but they dont have all the parts i want and need. If anyone has any info on any other places that have alot of diverce can am parts please contact me. My email is z71pimpin309@hotmail.com

P.S. How do i find the front radiator cover that Natalie and Lawson are running ???? I cant find anything for this bike yet
Thanks for the help

younggun95
09-17-2008, 12:53 AM
It would help us if you would tell us what some of the other parts you want and need are.

HotSeatPowersports has some Can-Am stuff, and are constantly adding new ones daily. They are working on some brace pieces that no one else has yet.

Those radiator fins are made by Can-Ams racing department and aren't normally available to the public.

Talk to DASA about the motor stuff. Have spent a lot of time testing and designing with the Epic factory team.

tuefelhunden
09-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Try Lonestar Racing. They have quite a bit of stuff ready for it.

ColeMckee
09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Im looking for big bore sizes on the cyclender cams bigger pistons anything i can get in that motor to give it more power. Im hittin the rev limiter in 4th gear goin thru turns.

ThePhantomRider
09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Are you talking about frame braces?

I saw some back about November last year and I will caution you that you must be very careful if and how you try to further brace the frame as it was not engineered like that. It is intended to work as a complete unit with all it's stress points designed to take specific loads.

If you bolster one section, you run the risk of causing stress elsewhere.

Now I do know there cross braces that are beefier than stock connecting the upper a-arms and that's been a good thing.

I'm sure you are taking the required steps to make sure this is an improvement, just be careful and best of luck.

TPR

Wired
09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
whats your gearing? stock gearing isn't the greatest. try a 13front 38 rear. quite a bit noticeable.

tuefelhunden
09-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Try Fluidyne for the radiator. I think that's what they run.

LTR450_#67
09-17-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm suprised nobody said these guys......

ATV 4-Play (http://atvfourplay.com/Can%20Am.htm)

ColeMckee
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Ive looked at 4 Play and really liked there a arms but im really confused on wich one to go with because almost all of the brands have the same amount of travel. Houser epic four play lsr all those guys arms are about the same but walsh is a little different and thats what i really want to go with but i just quit riding dirtbikes and got onto guads and really dont know alot about what i need to do to the quad. But i know i need more power better suspension and better stability. Ive only been on quad's for about a month and im running the pro class here in Louisiana.

If anybody else has more info please let me know

tuefelhunden
09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by ColeMckee
Ive looked at 4 Play and really liked there a arms but im really confused on wich one to go with because almost all of the brands have the same amount of travel. Houser epic four play lsr all those guys arms are about the same but walsh is a little different and thats what i really want to go with but i just quit riding dirtbikes and got onto guads and really dont know alot about what i need to do to the quad. But i know i need more power better suspension and better stability. Ive only been on quad's for about a month and im running the pro class here in Louisiana.

If anybody else has more info please let me know

You really can't go wrong with any of those companies. If it were me, I'd talk with all of them and see about sponsorship and see if you can't get some form of discount or somthing. That would be your best bet to help you make up your mind. Then they would suggest which shock company etc... works best with there products.
JMO though. Good luck.

T@AFP
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
LTR #67- Thanks for the plug

Heres my two cents and I don't want to turn this into anything more than my opinion.
With the right shock/A arm configuration 10.5" of wheel travel works perfect.

Yes we are accepting resumes from Sept 1 2008- February 28, 2009.

email to tom@atvfourplay.com
or
ATV Four Play
2100 S. Medina Line Rd
Wadsworth, OH 44281

ThePhantomRider
09-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
LTR #67- Thanks for the plug

Heres my two cents and I don't want to turn this into anything more than my opinion.
With the right shock/A arm configuration 10.5" of wheel travel works perfect.

Yes we are accepting resumes from Sept 1 2008- February 28, 2009.

email to tom@atvfourplay.com
or
ATV Four Play
2100 S. Medina Line Rd
Wadsworth, OH 44281

You are absolutely right. People need to not worry about who has the most travel, but who get's the best balance of travel, and all around performance. It truly comes down to geometry. If you have a great shock and poor geometry your adjustability will be sacrificed to a very narrow window where a properly setup geometry will allow the shock to be much more adjustable and perform much better. Remember too, if you are racing, there's much more to a race than big jumps.

They can make a quad with 15" of travel, but it never really works well..that's why the magic number is from 10-12 inches max.

TPR