PDA

View Full Version : wind storm in Cincinnati area and more

elmer91
09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Sunday afternoon Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington, and more cities were hit with storm from Ike. it was kinda freaky, was just going to rain, but we got wind and no rain. Everyone lost power. Over half a million in my area are still without power. i just did get my power back on this morning. i will have pics of the damage as soon i i get my buddies camera. Just thought i would let everyone know, and see who else went through it.

fasterblaster09
09-17-2008, 07:04 AM
I live in S. West Louisiana, I was introduced to Ike lol. I live in a trailer house and we didn't lost power at all. Of course it hit Texas worst, so I relly can't complain.

09-17-2008, 07:06 AM
hit us here in n-west PA too...lost power from sunday night until ealry tuesday morning...some are still without locally though...

blacknblue#2
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM
45 miles east of cincy here. We lost power for 10 hours, some places closer to cincy lost it for 48 and some places in cincy still without power. It was crazy and really was freaky. we had 3 local ppl killed on motorcycles due to wind. I work right in between here and cincy and was out of work for 2 days due to no power.

atvnut22
09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
we got hit good in kentucky. i lost power all of sunday. we didnt have school monday and thiers still people w/out power

elmer91
09-17-2008, 05:54 PM
that sucks what happened to the people on motorcycles. My parents and brother went for a ride that day. luckily they stopped at my aunts before the bad winds, and ended up taking one of their vehicles.

I was out of school for 2 days. today went back, but a lot of ohio and indiana schools are still off.

crazy_jeremy
09-18-2008, 12:28 AM
we just got lots of wind. the power didnt go out though. it was actually pretty crazy cuz how hard the wind was blowin and how bright it was cuz it was a full moon