PDA

View Full Version : lt250r carb??

fx4pitrone
09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I just picked up a 1990 (actually, i think its an 88, but the guy said 90) LT. The guy had the top and bottom end rebuilt, but ran out of money to finish everything. I Got a decent deal on it but it won't idle, and doesn't run great. I have the receipts from what he did to it and the old dealer had a note on it saying couldn't get parts for the carb because didn't know what kind it was or what is was from?? I am just gonna buy a new one for it. Any suggestions on a good, simple, easy to work on and get parts for Carb for it? I don't need extra power (fast as **** already) and do mostly trail riding w/ it.... any advice would be great....

LTandRaptorider
09-16-2008, 08:52 PM
First, welcome to the QuadRacer world! :D

The stock carb on this machine is a Mikuni 34mm. Other than the rebuild, your engine is stock? If so, I would stick with the same. either the Mikuni or Keihin carb. I just re-read your msg on here, guess you still have the carb? Jets are easily found for this carb, either a local cycle shop or Rocky Mtn, Dennis Kirk etc. Also, do you know the last time new reeds were put in? I can't remember what the stock jetting is for this, mine has been in a box for many years! :blah: Thinking around 210 on the main, 62 on the pilot but not sure. The air/fuel screw should be 1.75-2 turns out.

fx4pitrone
09-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks a lot! The guy told me the engine was just redone (.20 over, wiseco piston). I'm guessing the reeds were just replaced also, as I saw it on one of the receipts. I think I'm gonna get the Mikuni 34mm like you said.
Also, I'm looking to sandblast and paint some parts fom the quad the origonal suzuki blue. Know of any good paints available that are a good match?
Appreciate your help man!

Mikeman1
09-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Make sure before you go putting allot of money into that carb that it's not worn out.The slide can wear to the point that you'll never get it to idle.

fx4pitrone
09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks man. I think I'm just gonna get a brand new one from Dennis kirk for about $160. Then I know I don't have to worry about that.....