PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Shocks on a 400ex?

400ex07
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Will shocks from a banshee fit on a 400ex? I don't wanna take a shock off each quad to find out. thanks

Ruby Soho
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
no.

09-16-2008, 06:50 PM

Why in the hell would you want to do that? The worst part about the banshee is the suspension, and that's coming from a banshee owner.

If anything I would try to adapt the 400ex shocks to the banshee.

Putting banshee shocks on a 400ex is like wiping before you poop, it dont make any sense.

09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

Why in the hell would you want to do that? The worst part about the banshee is the suspension, and that's coming from a banshee owner.

If anything I would try to adapt the 400ex shocks to the banshee.

Putting banshee shocks on a 400ex is like wiping before you poop, it dont make any sense.

lol couldnt agree more

400ex07
09-16-2008, 09:45 PM
It makes sense when the shocks coming off the banshee are brand new Works triple Rate, and they are set up for my type of riding and my weight.

powermadd400ex
09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
i was about to say, wat if he has some aftermarket shocks.
i would say they MIGHT fit but will lower the 400s stance quite a bit.

09-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 400ex07
It makes sense when the shocks coming off the banshee are brand new Works triple Rate, and they are set up for my type of riding and my weight.

Oops, sorry, didn't say that in your sig..

But anyway, the shee shocks will lower it dramatically. The yfz shocks on a 400ex lower it, and on a banshee raise it.

So the shocks are much shorter, unless you have long travel.

400ex07
09-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I checked it out today and the top of the shock will not fit in the frame of the 400ex, i think the only way to do it would be to have a piece made to fit in the 400 frame that would be about 2 inches long and open up on the bottom to accept the top of the banshee shock, it would also take care of the drop that the banshee shocks would cause

powermadd400ex
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
this could be like the 450r shock. on them you have to scrape the top of the shock to get them to fit properly. but if you dont wanna do that, i completely understand. i wouldnt do it to new shocks for any reason at all.

09-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I seen banshees with yfz450 front shocks and they sat at a what looked like the stock ride hight. So they might both be the same langth eye to eye? I put yfz450s on my 400ex a while back. They where just slightly shorter eye to eye but with the pre load adjusted the 400ex sat at just a tiny bit under the stock ride hight but could be dropped to 6" of gc by adjusting the pre load rings. That was using 18" tires also. To mount em I only had to take the grinder to the top of the shock by the eye holes to make em skinnier to fit inbetween the frame mount.

I wouldn't buy aftermarket shocks made for a banshee for your 400ex cause they wont work the same as if they where on a banshee. Buy used aftermarket shocks made for a 400ex. If you want a cheep upgrade mount some yfz450 shocks on the front. Their much better for mx than stock 450r shocks and also have way better ride hight adjustment cause the 450r's ride hight adj bairly changes the hight at all. If you have +2 A-arms then you will need aftermarket 400ex shocks no matter what cause the 450r or yfz shocks will go way to soft for mx at less you dont ride hard.

09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
I seen banshees with yfz450 front shocks and they sat at a what looked like the stock ride hight. So they might both be the same langth eye to eye? I put yfz450s on my 400ex a while back. They where just slightly shorter eye to eye but with the pre load adjusted the 400ex sat at just a tiny bit under the stock ride hight but could be dropped to 6" of gc by adjusting the pre load rings. That was using 18" tires also. To mount em I only had to take the grinder to the top of the shock by the eye holes to make em skinnier to fit inbetween the frame mount.

I wouldn't buy aftermarket shocks made for a banshee for your 400ex cause they wont work the same as if they where on a banshee. Buy used aftermarket shocks made for a 400ex. If you want a cheep upgrade mount some yfz450 shocks on the front. Their much better for mx than stock 450r shocks and also have way better ride hight adjustment cause the 450r's ride hight adj bairly changes the hight at all. If you have +2 A-arms then you will need aftermarket 400ex shocks no matter what cause the 450r or yfz shocks will go way to soft for mx at less you dont ride hard.

Actually, the yfz shocks on a stock banshee raise it about 1-in.

Most banshee guys convert the whole stock yfz shock/a-arm setup up front. Lowers it a hair but works nice.

01 400EXer
09-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I sent you a pm about some shocks I have for a 400EX that are for sale if you are interested.

Snipe
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
has anyone ever put 400 shocks on a banshee? I just bought a banshee and have some 400 shocks laying in my bed room the shocks on the banshee are def different and not as much play was wondering if anyone has done this and what needs to be done?

09-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Snipe
has anyone ever put 400 shocks on a banshee? I just bought a banshee and have some 400 shocks laying in my bed room the shocks on the banshee are def different and not as much play was wondering if anyone has done this and what needs to be done?

If yfz450 shocks will make the banshee 1" taller than 400ex shocks on a banshee would make it about 2" taller and thats even if you could get them to mount. I wouldnt do it and probably cant be done. 400ex fronts suck any ways their just longer 300ex shocks.

Snipe
09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Actually I have road alot worse bikes on the stock shocks. 400ex isnt bad compared to alot of them out there.

The banshee included there shocks are not good by any means.