PDA

View Full Version : bad kill switch

jmarkel
09-16-2008, 06:15 PM
I have an 07 50 and the kill switch sometimes does not work. I have used silicone spray on the wires before to get it working. Now it does not function at all. Tried to wire a pro design directly to the stock wires and this doesn't work either. However, It will start when the two wires from the wiring harness is connected together.

I'm at a lost at this point. My son has a race sunday and need to pass inspection. Any help would be appreciated.

mudder700
09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Wire your new tether, one side to ground, the other side to your hot wire on your coil, you will be all set then..You can always type in the search on this page"tether or kill switch" and it will show you all the topics with these words in them, very helpful

jmarkel
09-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Do you know which is the hot wire? Do I need to splice into this wire? Thanks for the help.

bulldogfallon
09-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Unplug your stock kill switch and plug those wire into each other.

On your aftermarket kill switch take the lead that goes to the exposed metal part of the tether and ground it.

The other lead goes to the hot lead on your coil (orange wire).

If you mix up the leads you can get shocked when you touch the metal part of the tether (been there done that!!)

jmarkel
09-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Gary. . . Thanks for the instructions. I bought some quick splice connectors at Autozone. Install was simple.

Jason