PDA

View Full Version : 450R oil change

jpizz450
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM
i know this is a question most don't want to hear and is probably pretty easy....but please help out before i screw something up.....the only thing my bike didnt come with is an owners manual. he couldnt find it. it's an 07 450ER.

1)how do i correctly change the oil?

2)is there more then one place to drain it?

3)more then one place to put oil back in?

4) what is the oil capacity that i should be putting back in and what weight?

i appreciate the help guys!!

JHracing4
09-17-2008, 11:35 AM
im assuming you just and to change the engine oil and not the transmission oil. if so the first thing you want to do i start the bike and let it run for about 5min. this lets the oil circulate and it drains easier. Next you want to revmove the oil drian bolt. It is located underneath the quad in the center on the engine. make sure you have something underneath as oil will start to come out as you loosen it. Threr are to oil caps on this bike, one is the tranny oil cap (Right) the other the engine oil (Left) if looking from behind the quad. i usually take the engine oil cap off to allow suction. once all oil is drained put in a new oil filter and fill the bike back up with oil which is about a quart. Look in the oil window to see when to stop filling once it hits the line. Start the bike and let it run for a minute or two and look in the window to see how much more oil to put in as it should lower after it had been started. Once you put more oil in your done!

hope this helps