PDA

View Full Version : got a question..

Syrus
12-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Few nights ago when i was cleaning the frozen ice out of my skid plates and frame ( yes a live in Canada) i notice my back wheels were wobbly. What i mean is i grabed the wheel and it felt loose, and was able to move if i shook it.. im thinking my barrings are gone, but not to sure, i can still ride but somethings wrong any ideas ? its a 2001 250ex.

jerry-89-250R
12-09-2002, 05:16 PM
could be your hubs are loose, jack it up a little just too get the tires off the ground, see if your axle moves up and down, you will know if bearings are bad

quadbiker
12-09-2002, 09:41 PM
...and if you're still not sure, take both wheels off and check it again. Having the wheels off will help you to better isolate the problem, whether it's the axle bearings, swingarm, some of both, ect.

Syrus
12-10-2002, 02:17 PM
ya i know its something inside, like my bearings or seals, but i'll have a look, i know its not my bolts loose or anything like that :/ hope this doesnt cost me a lot of money to fix. My buddy has a 300ex who just spent $500 fixing his back end, new axle, chain and a whole bunch of other stuff because the chain was loose and tore up a bunch of stuff :/

I dunno how i have this problem already, the bike isnt even 1 year old yet..

toby400ex
12-10-2002, 08:58 PM
i bet it is your hubs, ya know, what the wheels are bolted to. When i had my recon the hubs always came loose. I doubt it is bearings, those are sealed up pretty well in the brake housing. And the axle nuts on those dont come loose so its not going to be that. these little things happen, fix em and ride on.