PDA

View Full Version : Air Box Lid

Drewltr450
09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
K not my kfx a friends. Just bought a pc3 and a dasa. And his dad doesnt want him to run with the airbox lid off . Can someone convince him that he pretty much needs to do this or he wont notice as close to as many gains *** possible with the lid off.

DirtyDawg
09-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Your friend is'nt going to see much of a gain till he gets rid of the stock intake. It is the most restrictive intake I have ever seen. FUELATV offers a really nice intake,as does FCI (Fuel Customs Inc). Either one of these, or as posted on a couple other site on how to build your own, will show the most marked improvement in preformance. Bottom line...ditch the stock intake.

Drewltr450
09-19-2008, 04:02 AM
we know we know we know lol but he doesnt have the$. In the future he wants to get the intake when he gets the coin. but for now he deffinetly needs to run with the lid off or he wont notice as much gain as he could with the lid on.

08kfx450r
09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
i think what dirtydawg was saying is whether or not he runs with the lid on or off he isn't going to notice big gains unless he actually removes the whole intake in favor of a good aftermarket one considering the stock intake is obviously the most restrictive thing on these bikes.

DirtyDawg
09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
we know we know we know lol but he doesnt have the$. In the future he wants to get the intake when he gets the coin. but for now he deffinetly needs to run with the lid off or he wont notice as much gain as he could with the lid on.

it really won't make much difference with or without the lid. I ran both ways prior to getting the FUELATV setup. There was little if any difference. Since your buddy's on a budget, this might help
http://www.kfx450central.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1852&hl=budget+intake