PDA

View Full Version : 450R cuts out on clutch release

Les Davis
09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
I need pointed in the right direction guys. I've got an 04 450R kicker. Bike has been running fine all year. This weekend I cleaned the air filter and changed the oil. I did not start the bike afterwards because it was late and the neighbors would have loved that. Today I went to do my typical test run and the bike would start fine and idle fine but would cut off as soon as I would attempt to take off. I have an after market hot start cable and had a problem in the past with it being stuck open and the carb would load up and cause the bike to backfire. Could this be a similiar problem or should I be checking something else!

Help...I wanna ride Wednesday!

powermadd400ex
09-15-2008, 08:57 PM
idk if this will work but my 400 did the same thing
all i did was adjust my clutch cable and it was good as new.

Bwild
09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
what happens if you rev it up a little first then stick it in gear?

Les Davis
09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Figured it out. Thought it was the filter because it was gagging itself out like it was struggling to get air. It was actually something in the carb. Drained the float bowl and found the prob. Something got sucked in and was clogging the jets. Thanks guys!

the freak
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
who helped you fix that turd

sunco
10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Les, See at BPG this weekend? Don

Les Davis
10-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Les, See at BPG this weekend? Don

I'll see you there on Saturday Don. Was up there today for a quick ride and Dan was busy getting everything ready for the festivities!! Should be a blast! You guys have a safe trip!

sunco
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanx , its only a 4 hour drive w/o stopping :( or 211 miles door to door. Looking forward to talking w/ ya. Wish I lived that close. Glad you got the bugs worked out of your quad. I found a set of 18's on craiglist, bought them - Now I'll almost look like you guys LOL this was taken by amanda - TJ & I won the couch race this year