PDA

View Full Version : 2006 only two problems

WILSONRACING15
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I have a 2006 and the only real problems i have had with mine is..one everyonce in a while my fuel injection messes up, what it does is when i try and start the bike, any gas i give it makes it bog down, it wont run so i shut it off, turn it back on and im good to go? I dont understand it and its not that big of a deal but i was wondering if any one else had that issue? TWO... my freakin seat is stuck on, my latch wont release, i pull the wire, and i hear a click like its trying to but nothing happens, now i cant get my seat off. And believe me i have tried. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

rowlrag
09-15-2008, 07:35 PM
1st problem don't know. If you think the seat release is working, pull the release, push down on the back of the seat, push seat forward and pull up, 2 people helps. An IMS tank pushes the seat to the rear of the quad making it harder, don't know if you have an IMS tho, good luck!

cmskms
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
My seat gets stuck to like that. I pull the wire and give the back of the seat over the latch a little smack and it usually pops everytime.

IdahoMX
09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Mine does the same thing. Oncve in a while it will bog and sputter. I shut it all down and re start and works great. I thought it was the filter for the fuel injection so I changed it but it still does it every now and again. I hanemt found a awnser yet.

quad59
09-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Try cleaning or replacing your swirl tank filter. Why you have the tank off clean your fuel pressure reulator as well. Also if your tether kill switch is mounted to the coil remove it and re-install in to the wiring on the key switch. Supposedly puting the tether kill on the coil messes up the CDI.

hatfield44
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't know for sure, but have heard that something in the FCS will cut off fuel if you mess with the throttle while starting to help prevent flooding? Wait until it kicks over before you mess with the throttle. You should also check you TPS as I have heard of it being outta whack causing trouble.
My seat did the same thing, but I found that I wasn't putting it on just right and it was being put in a bind. Make sure the front catch is in the correct place, and the seat is pushed far enough forward before you push the seat down.

IdahoMX
09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by quad59
Try cleaning or replacing your swirl tank filter. Why you have the tank off clean your fuel pressure reulator as well. Also if your tether kill switch is mounted to the coil remove it and re-install in to the wiring on the key switch. Supposedly puting the tether kill on the coil messes up the CDI.

I do have my teather wired to the coil. Maybe this is whats causing problems?

WILSONRACING15
09-19-2008, 07:21 PM
my kill switch is wired into my stock rollover kill switch, so im not sure if that has caused any problems. And im pretty sure my seat has been put on in the right place, but suggestion though. thanks. any other ideas please let me know

hondaracer31
09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
put a little white lithium grease on the seat latch. did that to mine and it works MUCH better now.

zack221
09-21-2008, 08:51 AM
My seat done the same thing I could pick up the whole fourwheeler by grabbing the seat and it still would not come off. I tried everything I could think and it didn't work but I got to messing around with It. If I stand behind the fourwheeler and pull the latch and put my hand under the right rear side of the seat and lift up it will pop off everytime without any problems. I don't know why it was so hard to get off I tried spraying everything on the seat latch and it was still the same.

hondaracer31
09-21-2008, 09:22 AM
For the bogging problem, don't know if this is the problem but, there is a filter/screen inside the fuel pump. I know Suzuki says the fuel pump is not serviceable and they're right, the fuel pump is INSIDE the housing. Take the pump off the frame with the 2 allen screws. Then on the top of the pump, in the black plastic, there are 4 phillips screws. Remove these and the fuel pump lifts out of the housing, it is an "O" ring seal so just don't tear the "O" ring. On the bottom of the pump is the screen, it is NOT removable, just blow it out and dump out the housing. This screen is a water seperator (water will not pass thru it). This has been known to cause bogging issues.

You will need to turn off the gas supply and unplug the electrical connection on the pump, and possibly unhook the high pressure fuel line from the pump to get enough room to work.