PDA

View Full Version : dyna tek

upinsmoke
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Are the dyna tek non programable cdi's any good or are they crap?

800screws
09-15-2008, 05:44 AM
i just had one on my laegers, but i finally installed my c250 ignition with a fmf dual curve cdi....what a freaking difference. the engine runs harder and crisper. feels like a new dirtbike with the throttle response. if anything i would recommend spending the money on this setup.

otherwise i didn't noticed much of a difference with the dynatek. i have the non programmable one.

BKex
09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
I have one didnt feel any difference between the stock one either. I only got one because my stocker fried.

My dyna did take a crap having only about 15 minutes of run time on it. Dyna did take it back and sent me a new one that has been good ever since.

Iliketogofast
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
They only work on about half the bikes that they are tried on for some reason. The set of circumstances that dictate whether the CDI will work on your bike are pretty mysterious because nobody knows what the deal is.

There are a lot of reports of them not working at all, but despite that I went ahead and got one and guess what? It didn't work. It made the bike run like crap. To make things worse I called Dyna tech and they didn't want to replace it and kept blaming it on the setup of my bike.

I ended up selling it on eBay in hopes that somebody with a "compatible" bike would get it. I think it worked for that guy because he had no complaints.

mxduner
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I thought i read somewhere that the dyna's had the same curve as a cr, however i dont recall which year.

if this is true??? why would the cr setup work better? refering to:

i just had one on my laegers, but i finally installed my c250 ignition with a fmf dual curve cdi....what a freaking difference. the engine runs harder and crisper. feels like a new dirtbike with the throttle response. if anything i would recommend spending the money on this setup. otherwise i didn't noticed much of a difference with the dynatek. i have the non programmable one.

is the lighter flywheel be causing this? or am i way off track:confused:

xlr810
09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
I have a Dyna cdi on 3 different 250Rs.

Work great for me on each. I run them XC racing and trail riding. I notice less spark plug fouling and more crisp throttle response compared to stock CDI.

1- 86 TRX motor midrange port ESR-5 pipe, A/S carb, ricky stator & flywheel, RPM CB holder, timing advanced 4 degrees. (this motor is hard to start with the DYNA CDI when the timing isn't advanced at least 2 degrees)

2- Bone stock 89 motor with CT midrange pipe

3- 86 ATC motor with 88 flywheel- Turner pipe, stock carb.