PDA

View Full Version : need some jump ideas for my track

wayfastwhitey69
09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
ok so ive started an mx track and right now i have a 60 foot gap to table, some doubles, and a step up, but i want to have some variety so i was wondering if you could post some ideas or pics of some jumps i should build, i have a backhoe to use so everything is very possible to make
thanks

krt400ex
09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
wut about a big arse step down.

jesseweaver
09-14-2008, 08:38 PM
its your call, everyone like different stuff. i personally hate step downs:ermm: maybe a whoop section? but i hate them too. i love wide open sweeper turns, and longer jumps. extend the table, make it 90+. technical section? rhythym section, maybe 4 doubles in a row. i also like option lines. not like at tracks though where they have a smaller line around a big jump, i like when theres rhythym sections right next to each other but the jumps are opposite, and you can pick either way. check out the Jason Luburgh and Dana Creech section on Huevos 8 i think it is, it has some cool option lines.

09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
wut about a big arse step down.

x2

DEAL
09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
ill show you what to do.

416exfreak
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Have you thought about some step-on & step-off rythm sections?

Do you have the room for, say... a 100-120ft tripple or double?

Off cambers in the turns, ruts...

A section of rollers, a rythm section, some DEEP whoops and even a sandy section if you have the dirt, will all help you with becoming aquainted with the way your quad will handle in different terrains and will also make you ready for almost anything you will encounter on a track.

BTW- dont groom your track all the time. Anyone can ride fast on something thats always smooth and perfect, it takes talent and skill to ride fast on something thats rough and beat up.:)

good luck!

wayfastwhitey69
09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
thanks for the help guys, i think ill add in a rythme section of doubles, a deep whoops section, some bigger tables, an off camber corner, and a step down

mtn-motorsports
09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
try firt works usa....

search dirt works usa in google...great ideas and building tips there

ikas
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
mayby a big step down table ?